Marie Callender’s Fresh Flavor Steamer: Chicken Fajita Bowl  » Food  »
  • I can't say it's my favorite, but it worked

• by Orrymain

Lately, Marie Callender’s has put out a lot of new varieties in its frozen food line, but in regular meals and in their Fresh Flavor Steamers. I’ve been checking out a few, most recently buying one of their Chicken Fajita Bowls to evaluate.

This new variety contains sliced chicken breast with rice, red and green peppers, and onions, all in a Fajita flavored sauce. As always, the preparation and cooking is a total snap. That’s because the only thing

to do is take the bowl out of the package and stick it into the microwave.

It’s that simple. There’s no venting or anything because the package is a self venting one. So, stick in the bowl, set the microwave, and a few minutes later, you’re eating this chicken Fajita bowl.

The one down side for me of products like this is that I’m not that fond of ingredients being mixed together. Since childhood, I’ve always preferred to eat rice ...

• by itself, beans on their own, and chicken or whatever alone. A meal like this that has all of this items stirred together is something I’ve only recently been able to tolerate.

Overall, I did like the product. Now let me be honest and say that I just wasn’t in the mood for the sauce when I ate this. I’ve never been a huge sauce and gravy person anyway, and while I intended to go ahead and stir it

together, at the last minute I chose just to eat the meal without the sauce, so I’m not going to evaluate the Fajita sauce.

The meal, though, was pretty good. I loved the rice. I thought it was great. I wasn’t as thrilled with the onions, but the peppers, especially the red peppers, really made me smile. The chicken was tasty, but as often happens, I wished for more.

So, good meal. I can’t say it’s my favorite, but it worked.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715091266101230/k2311a0915/9.15.10