The Carson City Kid movie  » Movies  »
  • I have to admit that watching this movie was a relaxing experience
  • I just sort of kicked back and enjoyed a simple picture that was the classic good versus evil battle

• by Orrymain

Roy Rogers stars in this 1940 western called The Carson City Kid. I have to admit that watching this movie was a relaxing experience. I just sort of kicked back and enjoyed a simple picture that was the classic good versus evil battle.

Rogers played a man masquerading as the Carson City Kid, something he is doing to find the killer of his brother. His reputation is pretty nasty, though, but it

is due to his stopping stagecoaches. I won’t spoil why he’s stopping them, but it is unique, and I got a kick out of it.

Among the humorous moments was a fun scene with Gabby Hayes and his horse after the horse is ridden back to town by the Kid. Again, there is more to it, but it’s more fun to watch and be surprised by it than to be told what happens.

• So, watch for it. Also for how Hayes reacts in the final scene. I knew there had to be a gag in the dramatic scene, and I was right.

I really enjoyed George ‘Gabby’ Hayes in his portrayal of Marshal Gabby Whitaker. This was a different Gabby from the one I remember as a kid. He was intelligent and fun here. I just really liked his involvement in all

that happened.

Bob Steele had excellent billing for his role as Lee Jessup. He’s somewhat the villain of the piece, and he did a good job of it.

In a nice outing, Noah Beery Jr. portrayed Scott ‘Arizona’ Warren, who is befriended by Rogers who also ends up having to save him.

Yes, there is a love interest in the form of actress Pauline Moore, and there are a few songs as well.

This movie surprised me in good ways.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1115091266071230/k2311a0915/9.15.10