The Mystery of the Hooded Horsemen movie  » Movies  »
  • I noticed it and turned out to be totally correct with my supposition
  • This is the best sidekick I've seen Tex with thus far in the few flicks that I've seen
  • I'm afraid I think Gene Autry was much more pleasant to listen to

• by Orrymain

Tex Ritter starred as Tex Martin in The Mystery of the Hooded Horsemen, a typical singing western for its generation. In this movie, he uses a guitar quite a bit. This movie does indeed have several songs in it.

The drama begins when Tex and his current sidekick happen upon a man named Tom Wilson, who says he

was shot by the Masked Riders. This also adds some mystery to the movie since the bad guys wear hoods and can’t be easily identified.

One of the movie’s stars is Iris Meredith, who portrays Nancy Wilson. She’s the niece of the murdered Tom Wilson. She takes Tex to their mine to see it and the ore that is retrieved. Watch Tex’ reaction closely and that’s a big hint of how the story will be resolved. I noticed it and turned out to be totally correct with my supposition.

The film also featured Horace Murphy as Stubby. This is the best sidekick I’ve seen Tex with thus far in the few flicks that I’ve ...

• The Mystery of the Hooded Horsemen movie
      seen. He was normal and not some caricature. He actually gets some female action and it’s believable.

The movie had a funny bit which had Tex ordering Stubby a sarsaparilla in the saloon. When the unpleasantly amused bartender got the bottle, he made a big deal out of opening it. In fact, he blew the

dust right in Stubby’s face.

A couple of the other stars who stood out for me was Oscar Gahan who played the bartender and Earl Dwire, who starred as Sheriff Walker.

I still am not sold on Ritter as a singer. His warbling is often disturbing. I’m afraid I think Gene Autry was much more pleasant to listen to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1115091265911130/k2311a0915/9.15.10