Midol Complete Caplets  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • Every woman knows that menstrual cramping can sometimes get the best of you
  • This time I decided to go for something that is specifically designed for cramping
  • There are much better medications out there to treat pain and they cost less

• by adrean_j

Every woman knows that menstrual cramping can sometimes get the best of you. It is not always bad, but there are those days that I really don’t want to get out of bed it is so bad. I can usually stand cramps, but it depends on the area they are in. Abdominal cramps don’t bother me too much, but can be frustrating to deal with. The cramps that really get to me are vaginal cramps. They seem to hurt so bad and hit me at the weirdest times. I’ve tried taking Tylenol for these cramps in the past and was unsuccessful. This time

I decided to go for something that is specifically designed for cramping. I purchased the Midol Complete so that I could take care of the painful cramps. They were supposed to treat bloating, fatigue and painful cramps.

The Midol caplets were small white cylinder shaped pills. They almost looked exactly like Tylenol. I could swallow a dose easily, which is two caplets. The label suggest taking a dose every 6 hours or so. I took a dose quickly to feel some relief. I waited to feel some relief from the cramping, but did not. I did however feel a little less bloated.

• I also felt more awake. I decided to look at the back of the label to see exactly what was in these things. I could now see why it wasn’t working for me. Midol Complete is made with the exact same ingredient as Tylenol, acetaminophen. It was 500 mg exactly how Tylenol is dosed. I was upset, because I’d been tricked into buying another form of the same medication. It also had a diuretic in it and that is why I felt less bloated. It also made me want to urinate a little more often, but nothing too serious.

The caffeine in the pill

made me less groggy, but I was up and in pain. This was really frustrating for me. I took another dose after six hours hoping it would do something different but it didn’t. If you are just suffering from menstrual fatigue and bloating this is a great product for you. If you suffer from severe menstrual cramping, don’t waste your time. There are much better medications out there to treat pain and they cost less. I now use the Midol Complete when I have headaches and it works pretty well for that. I’m talking about mild headaches and doubt it would work for sever ones.

Midol Complete Caplets

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2615091265801130/k2311a0915/9.15.10