St. Ives Apricot Facial Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • I decided to try something I never tried before
  • I was happy to find something that didn’t smell fake or candy like
  • The tube had to go straight in the trash after this experience
  • It definitely should not be used on sensitive skin

• by adrean_j

I don’t always worry about scrubbing my face. A little warm water and soap has always been enough for me. However, my skin started going through some changes. It was oily looking but felt very dry. I decided to try something I never tried before. I purchased the St. Ives Apricot facial scrub. It was supposed to strip my skin of excessive oil, while keeping my skin moisturized. It was in the regular old facial cleanser squeeze tube with a pop cap. Feeling the facial scrub through the bottle I could tell it was quite firm and had plenty of substance. When I opened the cap I couldn’t immediately smell any scent. It wasn’t until I put it on my face that I actually smelled something. The

facial scrub in my hands was very thick as expected. It felt kind of pasty and I could feel my fingers kind of sticking together. I could feel the little scrubbers in it. It strongly reminded me of sand. It was very rough feeling and seemed like they were going to be uncomfortable. If let like I had a sandy paste in my hand and was kind of skeptical of course.

None the less I decided to apply it to my face. It was fairly east to rub on my face. The bad thing is that the little scrubbers or sand really feel horrible against my skin. They are very fought and don’t feel good on my face at all. The only pleasant part was smelling the ...

• apricot aroma. I loved it because it smelled very natural. I was happy to find something that didn’t smell fake or candy like. It made one et a craving for apricots which was kind of strange. That’s never happened to me before. After letting it set on my face it was time to rinse. I started to rinse my face with warm water and had problems. The creamy part of the scrub washed right out of my skin. The sand part was sticking all over my face in miscellaneous areas. I rinsed and rinsed an was still finding little pieces in my eyebrows, eyelashes, ears and cheeks.

I ended up scrubbing with a washcloth to get rid of majority of it. Then there were still 3 or four

grains on my face. It really became a headache. After using the St. Ives Apricot Facial Scrub my skin felt worse. It was more red and irritated now. It was raw in some areas and it began to sting. I had to treat my face with ointment. I didn’t feel like my face was fully healed from this scrub until 2 days later. The tube had to go straight in the trash after this experience. I will never use this St. Ives facial scrub again. It left my face dry and unhealthy. I had to use quite a bit of moisturizer twice to get my face back to normal again. This soap is not sensitive enough for my skin. It definitely should not be used on sensitive skin.

St. Ives Apricot Facial Scrub

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115091265711130/k2311a0915/9.15.10