Ivory Liquid Dishwashing Soap  » Housewares  »
1.5
  • I like to use a particular soap to get my dishes clean but on occasion stray away to see what is out there
  • The last time I decided to do that I ended up purchasing Ivory liquid dishwashing soap
  • The first time I used the soap I wasn’t impressed
  • As I placed the dishes in the water, I noticed that the bubbles faded away quite quickly
  • I think it only took me about 4 or 5 days to finish the bottle

• by adrean_j

When I wash my dishes it is very important for them to get as clean as possible. I don’t believe in looking at clean dishes and seeing old food particles on them. This actually repulses me and can lead me to throw up. I like to use a particular soap to get my dishes clean but on occasion stray away to see what is out there. The last time I decided to do that I ended up purchasing Ivory liquid dishwashing soap. I liked how plain and white the bottle looked. The cap was a simple flip cap that can break if not used properly. The first time I used the soap I wasn’t impressed. I ran a sink of dish water and poured the soap into the water. I

could see instantly that this soap was watery in consistency. I had to hold it upside down for quite a while before I actually started to see some bubbles. I could smell the soap and it reminded me a lot of the ivory bath soap. It had a mild clean scent to it. It didn’t smell like fruit or perfume. It just smelled clean and fresh.

As I placed the dishes in the water, I noticed that the bubbles faded away quite quickly. This soap is not very strong and it takes a lot to get it soapy how I like. I ended up periodically squeezing some on the sponge in between every few dishes. This was just to ensure that each dish got nice and soapy. The dish soap had a ...

• hard time cutting through some food and grease. I was able to wash basic plates, bowls, and silverware with ease. I didn’t have any problems until I tried to wash some pots and pans that had stuck on food. I had to use about 2 tbsp of dish soap on each pot or pan. It eventually cut through all of the grease and food, but this was after a lot of hard work by me. I had to scrub vigorously and use a lot of muscle to get my cooking ware the way I wanted it to look. After doing the dishes, my hands were a little dry. I had to use some lotion to get the moisture back into them. I expect this with most dish soaps so it really
        didn’t bother me. I’ve had some really bad reactions to other brands.

The bottle didn’t last very long, because I had to use so much of it each time I washed dishes. The Ivory liquid dishwashing soap would be much better if it was much thicker. I think it only took me about 4 or 5 days to finish the bottle. The bad thing is that this soap is more expensive than the one I usually buy, but it did a worse job by far. I don’t really see the point in this dish soap and think Ivory should stick with bath soap. The only thing good about it was the natural smell that it had. I don’t recommend it to anyone. Save your money when it comes to this product.

quick note by anonymous :

My mother-in-law used Ivory dish soap and I remember it being super thick - one drop was all that was required - but now its too watery and therefore bottle empties quickly - as what you said, the smell is what I like - as far as the “floating” bar of soap - you must read how that happened - it was a fluke accident that an employee made

Naomi says :

I agree with you that Ivory used to be a wonderful dishwashing soap however over the years it has become very watery. Ivory was the soap that my parents recommended to me as I was growing up so I used it for a few years and then switched to a better dishwashing soap that is more thick and has more volume.

Isabel Reynolds says :

re : I think it only took me about 4 or 5 days to finish the bottle
    I used the lvory dish liquid in the white bottle (24 Fl oz) for 40 or more years. WHAT have you done to it? The new Ivory in the clear bottle (19.4 Fl oz) is mostly water, I have to add more half way through the dishes. Not happy with it at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5315091265651130/k2311a0915/9.15.10