Conair 224 Infiniti Nano Silver Tourmaline Ceramic Styler  » Electronics  »
  • So I bought the recommended hair dryer, which was more out of my price range than I liked, and tested it out

• by Anasuya

I was sitting here one day watching one of my morning talk shows like Good Morning America or something like that and they featured a guest who was offering beauty and styling tips for the hair. She had mentioned a very specific kind of hair dryer that would give you a finished salon look, no matter the condition of your hair when you started. If I don’t get my hair trimmed regularly, it always ends up looking very frizzy and easily tangled, but I’m in the process of trying to let it grow out and learn some tips on taking better care of it while this process continues. So I bought the recommended hair dryer, which was more out of my price range than I liked, and tested it out. It was the Conair 224 Infiniti Professional Nano Silver Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer.

I don’t have a single clue what nano silver technology is, or ionic

technology, so I’m not even going to address how that might have (or not) helped me in the long run. Wether or not it worked and worked well is all that really matters to me, and the specifics of it all can sit in the box that I pulled the hair dryer from for all I care. I’m a simple person by nature, and really just want something that’s going to work without always wondering how.

Though I have straight hair, I get frizzed and uncontrollable tips and lots of fly-aways to deal with on a daily basis, because here in Michigan, the weather changes every single day and it’s hard to have great hair in that kind of climate. I loved the straightening aspect of this dryer, and wasn’t even expecting it. I didn’t know a hair dryer could even come with a straightening attachment, but it does and it claims to give twice the ...

• straightening perfomance and I’d have to say it lives up to those expectations. It manages to control frizz, add a bit of shine, and my hair is almost as straight as it would be if I’d used a styling implement specifically for that alone.

It comes with a couple other attachments as well, such as a diffuser. I wasn’t even sure what that was and almost threw it away the first time I saw it. It’s just a cap you snap on to the end of your dryer, but it has these pronged fingers that reach out from it like an exaggerated cleat from a horror flick. You place it against your scalp, turn the hair dryer on, hold it at 60 degree angle, and start to move it in circular motions and what it does is lift up the hair from the scalp while it’s drying and give you a look with more body and

bounce. I couldn’t see how it was going to work or work well but it did both and exceeded my expectations.

The concentrator attachment looks like a pinched vacuum hose and is used to direct the heat to a very specified location because there is only a small slit through which the heat can exit the dryer. I’ve used this when setting curlers in my hair and drying each individual curl. This also prevents the hair from frizzing while using curlers as well. This was a bit more expensive for this hair dryer, and I’ve used cheaper ones that come with the same attachments and work just as well, so if you can find something cheaper I’d go for it. But it’s got a nicer look than most cheaper hair dryers, which was the only reason I really bought it in the first place. Not bad, but more expensive than I’d like to pay a second time around.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1615091265601130/k2311a0915/9.15.10