Smashbox Photo Finish Targeted Pore and Line Primer
  • I have deepset laugh lines around my mouth and it never fails that my foundation ends up settling in those lines throughout the day, and then I'll touch it up with some powder and that just ends up accentuating the problem when I was only trying to fix it
  • I think it's a great product, and probably one of the more effective primers that I've tried
  • I know it's mostly for fine lines and wrinkles and not a general primer, but the principle is the same, and I still really liked it

• by Anasuya

I haven’t generally had much luck with primers in the past. I have oily skin and so I’ve tried primers to keep my makeup in place throughout the day so I’d have to mess with fewer touchups. Usually the dont do much of anything, or the totally make it worse, so I’m hesitant to try another supermarket primer that likely isn’t going to work. That’s why I ended up buying something from a more expensive line. Not to say that money equals effectiveness but I’d already wasted enough on the cheaper products and figured I’d move up the line from there and bought the Smashbox Photo Finish Targeted Pore and Line Primer.

This is supposed to get to the areas most in need of attention, like the lines on the forehead, crows feet and

around the mouth. I have deepset laugh lines around my mouth and it never fails that my foundation ends up settling in those lines throughout the day, and then I’ll touch it up with some powder and that just ends up accentuating the problem when I was only trying to fix it. You apply this primer and it’s supposed to create a nice and smooth area to apply the makeup and should ensure the makeup doesn’t settle in the lines and make them look worse.

I could go on and on about the silicone elastomer and peptide ingredients, but it doesn’t mean anything to me so I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t mean anything to any of you reading this. Really what it boils down to is how well it works to eradicate the appearance ...

• of lines, and keep makeup from settling where it shouldnt.

I put a tiny bit on my finger and then dab it directly onto a line, or the area around my eyes where the truly fine lines would appear, and then the deeper set lines in my forehead. You can wear it alone, but it doesn’t provide coverage. It’s just there to help plump up the lines a little bit. It’s subtle, but it really does seem to keep the lines from getting worse throughout the day. At night, your face can totally relax (unless you’re dreaming about killer crab people, blah!) and so the lines have an opportunity to settle and calm down, and if you use this primer first thing in the morning after a shower, it keeps those lines from deepening

throughout the day. I wouldn’t say it actually fills the lines or plumps up the skin where the lines occur, but it does seem to relax the skin a little and make the lines less noticeable.

I have to say it worked really well as a primer. It did keep the makeup from settling in the lines and my skin stayed looking smooth all day long, and my makeup stayed in place. This was especially evident with my laugh lines were the makeup will literally look caked on by late afternoon.

I think it’s a great product, and probably one of the more effective primers that I’ve tried. I know it’s mostly for fine lines and wrinkles and not a general primer, but the principle is the same, and I still really liked it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115091265221030/k2311a0915/9.15.10