Great Wolf Lodge. Pocono Mountains, PA
1 Great Wolf Drive, Scotrun, PA 18355
  • I like the fact that everything is centrally located and that the kids couldn’t get lost
  • We enjoyed playing here and the water was nice and cool, which is a good sign
  • We opted for the sit-down restaurant and weren’t disappointed
  • These things do happen, and I think it’s people’s responsibility to not be slobs about it

• by navida

Great Wolf is Great!

I’m not much of a waterpark person, but my kids love them! We were recently guests at Great Wolf Lodge in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. There’s a lot to love about this place!

Great Wolf Lodge is a chain of hotels that feature an indoor waterpark. It is open all year. In addition to the indoor waterpark, there is also an outdoor pool for use during the summer months.

Unlike an amusement park with long lines, the Great Wolf waterpark is only open to hotel guests. This makes it virtually impossible to have the overcrowding and long lines that are typical of regular amusement park. I also wasn’t afraid to let my kids wander around the waterpark themselves while I relaxed in the hot tub or the pool.

I like the fact that everything is centrally located and that the kids couldn’t get lost.

There are a few standard water slides, 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, a family tube ride and a water roller coaster. The Double Barrel Drop is the most adventurous and daring waterslide. Up to 4 people can ride in a quad tube, and then you get dropped into darkness with flashing colored lights and music. The tube rocks sideways down the track for most of the ride. An extreme adventure! The water slides were enjoyable for everyone - not too scary for the younger ones. The lazy river ride is also a relaxing tube ride with no drops in it, and you can just keep going around the track. For smaller ...

• children, there is a fort with water toys, slides and also several basketball nets around the perimeter. We enjoyed playing here and the water was nice and cool, which is a good sign!

Among the other amenities the hotel provides are a salon for children and a track where kids can build an race their own remote control cars. On the down side, these activities are rather pricey. There are a few pizza restaurants, including a Pizza Hut. We opted for the sit-down restaurant and weren’t disappointed. The macaroni and cheese wasn’t from a box, the salad bar was fresh, and the fries were fabulous! I would go there to eat even if I wasn’t a guest at the hotel.

The kids really enjoyed the unique ‘Kids Cabin’ suite. Even

when there was down time, the kids had fun hanging out in their cabin themed room with their own TV.

As far as cleanliness, the rooms were upstanding. I was a little disappointed at the cleanliness of the waterpark itself. People are allowed to bring food into the waterpark area, which is great if the people who bring the food also clean up after themselves. My kids found a band-aid floating in the wave pool, which was a little disgusting. These things do happen, and I think it’s people’s responsibility to not be slobs about it! Great Wolf has several locations throughout the US. I was able to talk to other families who had stayed in some of these other locations. The consensus seems to be that everyone loves them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 215091265131030/k2311a0915/9.15.10