Meguiar’s Hot Shine Tire Spray: Tire Shine  » Cars  »
1.0
  • I decided that if it's Meguiar's, it's a good product
  • After doing all four tires, I realized something interesting- the shine didn't change at all from before I applied it
  • It is a disgrace to the company and its amazing other products

• by Ricardo L

After I got a very expensive, show quality paint job on my classic VW Beetle, I wanted something to make the tires as shiny as when they’re wet to give it a show look. While walking around Auto Zone, I came across Meguiar’s Hot Shine tire spray. I was a huge fan of Meguiar’s products, having used them for years. I decided that if it’s Meguiar’s, it’s a good product. The bottle advertised a “wet-look with a dark shine”, just what I wanted. At $7 a bottle I couldn’t put it back

down. However, I sorta wish I did.

After cleaning the tires spotless, I applied the tire shine. The bottle said to wipe off any excess, which I promptly did. After doing all four tires, I realized something interesting- the shine didn’t change at all from before I applied it. Thinking I did something wrong, I tried again. But I got the same result. I couldn’t believe it. I tried letting it soak in and wiping off only a little bit, which did help, but it didn’t give me the promised “wet look with ...

• a dark shine”. If you don’t wipe off the excess, it has the wet shine because it is wet! No matter what I did, how exact to the directions I was, I couldn’t pull a nice shine. These were almost brand new tires to boot. The oily texture and the inability to get it off chrome in under 5 minutes is the only thing that indicates that it’s more than water. I will admit it gives it a little shine if overdone, but it’s a complete waste of money and effort for
        the little extra shine you get.

If you are in the market for tire shine, I have to say pass Meguiar’s Hot Shine. I honestly can’t believe Meguiar’s put out this product. It is a disgrace to the company and its amazing other products. I’ve used Meguiar’s wax in paste and liquid form, car wash, and rubber cleaner; all are awesome. This is the only useless product in their entire catalog. I don’t know if I got a bad bottle but this is the only Meguiar’s product I don’t be buying again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 910091264690430/k2311a0910/9.10.10