Snow Globes
  • They are not strictly one gender and I think that many people feel that because they play music and have fake pieces of falling snow that they are for girls

• by Susanna Frank

There is no real secret behind snow globes. They come in various sizes, themes, and some even come with a wind up lever to play music. But even though there is no real secret behind them, the joy that they bring is inevitably apparent. What I feel makes snow globes such an ideal gift, is that since they come in many themes, they are made to fit a large variety of peoples likings as well as a great gift for any occasion.

To begin, as I have mentioned before, snow globes can come in many different varieties. There are snow globes for retirement, for birthdays, for

weddings, and for holidays, the possibilities are endless! What I find to be truly magical about these gifts, are that hold the unique ability to preserve or spark a memory of some kind. I have not come across someone yet that has not heard a song play from a snow globe or own a snow globe and not have some kind of memory behind it. For me, when I have come across snow globes, I have felt a rekindling of my childhood and could not help but feel happy at the content at the memory behind it.

Also, these globes can make excellent souvenirs. I purchased ...

• snow globe for my boyfriend while in New York, nothing big and fancy, a small globe with the statue of liberty in the center where the globe part was being held up by a taxi cab. It was a great way to remember that time, and that also leads me to my next point. Snow globes are for everyone, boys and girls, children and adults. They are not strictly one gender and I think that many people feel that because they play music and have fake pieces of falling snow that they are for girls. But that is not the case, with the variety of
        globes available it can be easy for boys to accept them as gifts as well.

I have exactly two snow globes, one that I received for my birthday and the other for graduation. Both hold nostalgic memories for me because they remind me of special moments in my life, and I feel that that is a feeling that can be shared by anyone accepting or giving these globes as a gift. Each globe can mean something, and I don’t what there is not to love about shaking up a snow globe, watching the snow fall on whatever figures lay below, and enjoying whatever memory comes to mind.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4610091264520430/k2311a0910/9.10.10