Swash Smooth It Out Clothing Dewrinkler  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • It is a convenient travel size container, which is the reason I bought it without hesitation, and without even reading the specs on this product provided on the back of the bottle
  • I was disappointed, since it didn't seem to work with the clothes I wanted or for the reasons or situations in which I'd need it
  • It's not an expensive product, but I don't think it's worth its cost regardless because it was ineffective in some situations, and effective in situations I couldn't fathom worrying about wrinkles in the first place

• by onerios13

I hate ironing second only to doing the laundry in the first place. In fact, I don’t even own an ironing board, and when I go clothes shopping, I try to stick to materials that dry well, without wrinkle production. This isn’t always an option, though, especially now that I work in a business office and need something that’s going to look nice and presentable, blouse-like material, and those tend to wrinkle, even fifteen minutes after putting them on. I wanted a product that would remove wrinkles, or at least reduce them, and preferably something I could even carry with me and use on the go. I’d tried those steaming iron things, but those are

bulky, too big to carry with you and use on your lunch break at work, not to mention you’d burn yourself silly if you tried. I’d tried some other sprays that ended up not working out all that well in the end. And, ultimately, I ended up with the Swash Smooth It Out Clothing Dewrinkler, which I felt might be the only solution.

It is a convenient travel size container, which is the reason I bought it without hesitation, and without even reading the specs on this product provided on the back of the bottle. Plus it looked easy to use and later I realized it said it was safe to use on most all fabrics, including those that would normally require dry cleaning. It also said, in the fine print of course, to “try using it as an ironing aid”, which led me to believe that it wouldn’t remove or reduce wrinkles on it’s own, and a hefty sigh of disappointment settled over my purchase like a dark cloud.

However, it did say that you could use it when you’re late for work and your shirt is on the bottom of the laundry pile, to smooth it out and give it a de-wrinkled appearance. Or even spray it on yourself after a hard day at work when you don’t have time to go change but want to head out ...

• Swash Smooth It Out Clothing Dewrinkler
      with some girlfriends for a night out on the town. All you do is twist the cap, hang the clothes or lay them flat, spray 6-8 inches from the clothing until it’s just a little bit damp, then tug the clothes and smooth the wrinkles away.

Now, I wouldn’t say it doesn’t work, but I wouldn’t say it works fantastically either. It seemed to work better on more casual fabrics, than on blouses. In fact, on blouses it was almost completely ineffective, which totally defeated the purpose of why I purchased this product to begin with. It even says on the bottle that it works better on casual clothes, and I’m thinking what’s the point

to that, because most people who don’t have a compulsive obsessive disorder aren’t going to care if their t-shirt or jeans are wrinkled.

I was disappointed, since it didn’t seem to work with the clothes I wanted or for the reasons or situations in which I’d need it. I couldn’t very well spruce up at work, during a break, because the clothes have to be hung or laying flat, and you don’t want to wear damp materials, even if it does dry relatively quickly. It’s not an expensive product, but I don’t think it’s worth its cost regardless because it was ineffective in some situations, and effective in situations I couldn’t fathom worrying about wrinkles in the first place.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5310091264090330/k2311a0910/9.10.10