Back to Basics Appliances Milk Shake Maker Model IC10804  » Housewares  »
  • I love kitchen appliances, but even I usually stay away from things like this, because you buy something like this or a popcorn maker or something that's more like a novelty than a useable appliance, and you end up using it once and then storing it in your cabinets for the next three years before you finally admit to yourself that it's time to garage sale it or give it away
  • Once I took it off and rinsed it it worked fine after that, but I was a little disappointed that it wouldn't mix a little more than just ice cream type of ingredients
  • Still, I'm happy to say that I've actively used this unit since I bought it, and it's definitely paid itself off
  • The recipes are priceless and worth the cost of the machine itself which was less than $30 to begin with, so not a bad impulse buy

• by onerios13

I have to admit that the Back to Basics Appliances Milk Shake Maker, model IC10804, was a personal indulgence. I love kitchen appliances, but even I usually stay away from things like this, because you buy something like this or a popcorn maker or something that’s more like a novelty than a useable appliance, and you end up using it once and then storing it in your cabinets for the next three years before you finally admit to yourself that it’s time to garage sale it or give it away. But I couldn’t help myself when I saw this because milk shakes are a bit of a weakness for me.

It has a slight 1950’s design style to it, that reminds me a bit of a soda-fountain that you’d find in an old-time restaurant. It’s got

a very sleek design over all and is small enough to fit into a corner on your kitchen counter and you wouldn’t even know it’s there.

You can make a few different things as well, and not just the conventional milkshake. You can make thick malts, regular shakes, and a bunch of things inbetween those two, and it comes with a little recipe book as well to give you ideas. I have to admit that I’ve tried each and every one of them and have loved them all. It comes with the mixing unit itself, and then a large aluminum mixing up that can feed two people with a large amount of milk shake.

There are two speed settings, only low and high, but I can’t imagine needing anything more than the two, and it depends ...

• on the consistency you’re trying to achieve. The recipe book gives you a good idea of the speed you’ll need. The head of the unit can tilt up and down to make removal of the mixing cp easier, and the mixing arm and aluminum cup can both be washed by hand or placed in the dishwasher.

The booklet that it comes with has just as many pages of instruction and maintenance as it does recipes, and I didn’t even need to look at the instructions, because it’s pretty easy to figure everything out on your own when there are only two settings and an on/off button to contend with. It mixes very well and evenly, better than most blenders that I’ve used over the years, but I wouldn’t suggest trying much outside of the way of

milkshakes in this unit. I tried to make a fruit smoothy and the mixing arm ended up getting so clogged up in the ingredients that it stopped spinning and mixing. Once I took it off and rinsed it it worked fine after that, but I was a little disappointed that it wouldn’t mix a little more than just ice cream type of ingredients.

Still, I’m happy to say that I’ve actively used this unit since I bought it, and it’s definitely paid itself off. The recipes are priceless and worth the cost of the machine itself which was less than $30 to begin with, so not a bad impulse buy. My friends have all benefited from this milkshake maker as well, and a couple of them have even bought one for themselves after tasting the results.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5310091263980330/k2311a0910/9.10.10