Cafe Laguna SM Northwing Branch  » Restaurants  »
1 SM City, Norh Reclammation Area Cebu City, Cebu Philippines
  • Jen the Waitress said it will take about 15 - 20 minutes for food to be served, no problem
  • Tasted it, and I just said wow, one of the best nilagang baka I've tasted so far
  • Taste is also good, typical lechon kawali and it came with a dip which I think is Mang Tomas, a very popular dip for lechon
  • Dessert was then served, I was a bit disappointed with the serving size because I was expecting it to be a bit bigger, but anyway, I think just enough, I wasn't even able to finish all of it because I was too full from the meal, but nevertheless, it was delicious, just a bit too sweet for my taste
  • They should have their own entrance, maybe at the back, away from the eyes of the customers, but overall, the experience is enjoyable

• by bookie

I have only been to this restaurant just once, during our 4th anniversary with my boyfriend. My friends had recommended this particular place because they said their food is truly superb, but quite pricey. So with no delay, we went ahead and tested the place. The place itself has a very good ambience, so cozy, maybe because it was just 10 on a Tuesday morning. There were only about 7 tables occupied, so it’s quite roomy.

We took a table on the corner for a bit of privacy. We were attended to immediately, given the menu, which was quite impressive as well. They are mostly Filipino dishes, which is their specialty. They had a lot of choices for the appetizers, soups, desserts, and also for their drinks.

We ordered “Lechon Kawali” and “Nilagang Baka” for our soup. I was planning on ordering “Crispy Pata” because they said the taste is super, but I held back because the waitress said serving is like good for 4 people.

We opted to be on the safe side, both dishes we ordered were said to be good for 2 people as what she said. For the dessert I just chose “Leche Flan” and my boyfriend chose the “mini Halo-halo”, and for the drinks, just the typical Coke in can.

Jen the Waitress said it will take about 15 - 20 minutes for food to be served, no problem. A good 17 minutes passed and we were served our food just on time, found that impressive since I am very particular with it and I want my food to be served on the dot. The soup was placed on some sort of a bowl with a candle underneath to keep it hot. Tasted it, and I just said wow, one of the best nilagang baka I’ve tasted so far.

The serving sizes are big enough for the both of us. Lechon Kawali came in next, serving size still plenty for us both. Taste is also good, typical ...

• lechon kawali and it came with a dip which I think is Mang Tomas, a very popular dip for lechon. We were contemplating on ordering another type of dish, but decided not to because we’re afraid we can’t consume it.

We were eating leisurely and we were too full to finish off a few slices left of the lechon kawali and the beef stew, we had wrapped it up for take out. Dessert was then served, I was a bit disappointed with the serving size because I was expecting it to be a bit bigger, but anyway, I think just enough, I wasn’t even able to finish all of it because I was too full from the meal, but nevertheless, it was delicious, just a bit too sweet for my taste. The mini halo-halo was another thing, it definitely tastes good as it looks. It is true, the place is a bit pricey.

We spent around 800 PHP, but I’d say it’s worth it. We even

have our “take home” food for my dad. Service is also good, was there on time, was prompt in my requests and everything was handled smoothly. The only bad thing I can say is that, while we were eating, their service men, like the delivery boy carrying tons of buko (coconut), just entered the regular entrance for the customers, passed by the tables as if there were no customers there.

Another one passed by as well carrying their supply for meat. I don’t really mind it because I’m used to eating in cheap food joints, but I should say that there are some people which may find this disturbing. This restaurant is for the elite, I should say, and I don’t think they like the idea of delivery boys carrying supplies passing by their tables. They should have their own entrance, maybe at the back, away from the eyes of the customers, but overall, the experience is enjoyable.

The food, the service the ambience, I’m super satisfied.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 710091263480230/k2311a0910/9.10.10