Fresh Step Scoopable Cat Litter  » Pets  »
  • Being the owner of two cats that share one litter box, I have to make sure I have the best quality litter
  • In my experience, the smell of cat urine and feces is masked very well by the scent of fresh step, but it doesn't overpower the rest of the room
  • It clumps very well so scooping it is not much of a problem

• by slappy

Being the owner of two cats that share one litter box, I have to make sure I have the best quality litter. I don’t have a basement to put the litter box in and thus it must smell ok since it is out in the open. I have tried many different brands and types ranging from earth friendly to clay to various scoopable litters.

Fresh Step Scoopable ranks by far. In my experience, the smell

of cat urine and feces is masked very well by the scent of fresh step, but it doesn’t overpower the rest of the room.

It clumps very well so scooping it is not much of a problem. I will say, though, that it doesn’t scoop as well right after they pee because it is still wet.

It needs a reasonable amount of time to dry which can sometimes be inconvenient because you don’t always know when ...

• they just went. Another downside is that it’s dusty and we keep a lid/door over the box so when the cats paw around they tend to get dusty.

That results in them smelling like the cat litter. I gues!

s that’s just something we’ve come to accept since we would rather that than them having an unpleasant “cat bathroom” smell.

I also really like that it comes in the 25 pound pails. I’m

able to cllean out the box once a month and then refill as necessary.

Ideally we would love for our kitties to be able to use a natural type litter but it’s not practical for us. They’re too messy and smelly.

Likewise, other scoopable litters either don’t mask odors as well as fresh step or don’t scoop as well. Fresh Step clumping cat litter exceeds all others in the fact that is masks odors and scoops well too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2910091263430230/k2311a0910/9.10.10