The Insider’s Guide to 52 Homes in 52 Weeks by Dolf de Roos and Gene Burns  » Books  »
  • I like this book a lot because each lesson is detailed and not vague, and they include examples for almost every lesson to make a point
  • I find it very credible and encouraging because they outlined what they learned from experience and not just from books or research, which means it is very practical and doable

• by aa9002

This book is written by Dolf de Roos and Gene Burns. It is basically a book which teaches how anyone can acquire real estate fortune. It is written when the two authors acquired 52 homes in 52 weeks and made money from them, just as the book’s title implies. I read this book a few months ago after I saw it online for a price of $20.

The book has 200 pages, with a short introduction by the authors and why they wrote it. Also, you will find that it has 6 chapters, each detailing not only their experiences when they bought 52 homes in 52 weeks, but also how normal or ordinary people who want to enter the real estate market can

acquire a lot of fortune just by following the same things they did.

I read this book in 1 week and I can say that it is condensed and well-written, to say it vaguely. After all, you should read the book yourself if you want to know more about this book.

But I will explain it anyway. Their experiences in 52 weeks are divided into 6 chapters, with each one narrating an important aspect of their goal to buy 52 homes for them to make a lot of money. They write that great deals are not just the exception but the rule sometimes, and so they started their plan of acquiring a lot of houses by using their clever tactics and financing options.

• Of course, some of their tips worked, but others didn’t. Along the way, they included everything they learned during their 52-week journey, and included everything they realized and all the lessons they shared for their readers not to do their same mistakes again.

One of the things that struck me is that, in the beginning, they only looked for pre-foreclosure homes and then feverishly tried to find tenants for them. In the end, however, they ended up signing tenants and then found houses for them to move into.

By using various acquisition techniques, they were able to land not only great buys, but also buyers who are willing to buy these houses. I like this book a lot because each lesson is detailed and

not vague, and they include examples for almost every lesson to make a point. I find it very credible and encouraging because they outlined what they learned from experience and not just from books or research, which means it is very practical and doable. I may not have bought a house yet but I feel encouraged after reading this book because I want to buy my own house, just that I don’t have the time yet.

The book is well-written and very down-to-earth. You can feel that the authors are trying their best to make their points explained in terms ordinary people can understand, in a clear way. I like the tone of their writing, it is very casual but not too informal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1710091263260230/k2311a0910/9.10.10