Sony Earbuds MDREX85LP  » Electronics  »
  • I bought these Sony earbuds to replace my default iPod ones after they wore down quite quickly
  • I had been quite disappointed with my iPod earbuds so I decided I would spend a little bit more than the entry level prices on offer
  • The first thing I noticed when I started using them was that the sound quality was far beater than the default iPod earbuds
  • The disadvantage that the Sony earbuds have when compared to the iPod ones is that they lack a microphone and iPod controls attached to the cord
  • Overall however I believe the improved sound quality, comfort and durability outweighs the loss of this feature

• by VGReviewer

I bought these Sony earbuds to replace my default iPod ones after they wore down quite quickly. I had been quite disappointed with my iPod earbuds so I decided I would spend a little bit more than the entry level prices on offer. I eventually settled on the Sony Earbuds MDREX85LP as providing a good balance of quality and affordability.

The first thing I noticed when I started using them was that the

sound quality was far beater than the default iPod earbuds. In particular bass was much deeper and more pronounced which made listening to music and watching movies a lot more enjoyable. The Sony earbuds were also somewhat more comfortable than the iPod ones, although they are still not perfect and, like most earbuds, grow uncomfortable after wearing them for an extended period of time.

The quality and durability seems to be of a ...

• high standard as well. I have only owned them for a month but so far they are not showing any signs of wear and tear.

The disadvantage that the Sony earbuds have when compared to the iPod ones is that they lack a microphone and iPod controls attached to the cord. How much of a disadvantage this is depends entirely on how important each of those features is for your personal use. For me

I found that I almost never used the mic on the headphones so losing that wasn’t anything to worry about. I did find the iPod controls quite useful however and would have liked the Sony’s to have them as well.

Overall however I believe the improved sound quality, comfort and durability outweighs the loss of this feature. I am much more satisfied with these earbuds than the default ones which came with my iPod.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1610091263190230/k2311a0910/9.10.10