Disney’s World of Color  » Entertainment  »
1313 Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, California
  • It is a new light show that Disney and it sent chills down our spines, it was that amazing
  • I think they need to put the ticket booths for the World of Color in their own special place and maybe once they get their renovations completed they will do that
  • The third way to get tickets, Premier dining, is probably the best but it is expensive

• by Kim Miller

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

My family and I attended the World of Color at Disney’s California Adventure Park in July 2010. My family and I love the World of Color. It is a new light show that Disney and it sent chills down our spines, it was that amazing.

The way that Disney has set up the viewing still needs some work though. I did not like that they use the Grizzly River Run fast pass stations for the World of Color fast pass tickets. It takes away from the fast passes for the Grizzly River Run ride. By the time the World of Color tickets are all given out the day is half done so then there’s not a lot of time to get a fast pass for Grizzly River Run. I think they need to put the ticket booths for the World of Color in their own special place and maybe once they get their renovations completed they will do that.

We took advantage of the picnic meal ticket and it was

great. The meal was really tasty and this ensured us a place in the show. The only bad thing is that we didn’t get any better seat with this option than we did when we used the free fast pass option for the show. So it was disappointing to have paid for the ticket that we could have gotten for free.

The third way to get tickets, Premier dining, is probably the best but it is expensive. We did not try premier dining for World of Color tickets.

Waiting for the first show was probably the longest wait. It is great that they require people to be there an hour ahead of time because it helps to keep things under control. But we did not like waiting in the World of Color area, it was uncomfortable. The pre-show was not very enjoyable for us either. We liked waiting for the second show by the Red Creek Challenge because there was a soft area to sit for the hour wait.

I ...

• think it is great how they have the viewing area leveled so that everyone can see. I think it would be great if they had more rails for people to lean on. Our feet got tired from standing so long but it wasn’t as bad when we were able to lean on rails.

Our most favorite viewing place was the soak zone. Right in front on the boardwalk. They say you can get really wet but we just got damp. That view was so amazing. It was like we were a part of the show being that close. It was like the characters were just right there so we could touch them.

The music for World of Color is amazing. The original World of Color song gave us chills when it played and the lights danced. The whole show was amazing and something that was well worth waiting an hour to see.

The view from the back is very nice and gives a different perspective. You can see the whole

show, which is huge, from the back. But if you are not in the front of your tier people can be in your way. So we liked the front better for that reason.

Everything about the World of Color show is spectacular and magical. The music, the water, the lights are thrilling. The only draw back was one of the wait areas and the way the tickets are given. But those are kinks that I am sure Disney will work out in time. This is the shows first year and it’s a work in progress. We did notice that things were a lot more organized the third time we went than they were the first time. So the cast members are doing a fantastic job at figuring it all out. It is well worth the wait!

We will certainly wait to see World of Color again next year, probably three or four times. It is amazing!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5910091263160230/k2311a0910/9.10.10