Tofurky Deli Slices: Vegan lunch meat  » Food  »
  • One of the best ways to keep protein in her diet and keep it simple at the same time is Tofurky Deli Slices
  • It is a little bit on the expensive side at 3 dollars for a box that will make about 3 sandwiches but if you consider what school lunches cost it is really not that bad
  • I really love this product because it gives me peace of mind as far as my daughters vegetarian diet is concerned

• by makeithappen

For anyone who has not caught it in one of my other reviews, my daughter has become a vegetarian. I want to be as supportive as possible and allow her to explore this. I do not want to scar her for life or make her feel unimportant. So as I am learning how to cook meals for a vegetarian child I want to share some of the things I have found to help make this change a little easier for all of us. I have been looking for ways to keep protein in her diet because vegetarian children need

lots of protein to keep a healthy diet. One of the best ways to keep protein in her diet and keep it simple at the same time is Tofurky Deli Slices. Hickory Smoked Tofurky delis slices actually tastes pretty good and my daughter loves them. I use these to make her lunch every other day. I change it out with other things so she will not feel bored.

I am learning how to prepare a healthy vegetarian diet with help from products such as Tofurky deli slices. Not only does it have a cool name but it has tons of ...

• protein in it. 52 G of Tofurky deli slices has 13 G of protien. When I compare that to turkey slices it actually has more protein. One brand of turkey slices that I have here says there is 11 G of protein in 56 G of turkey. So as you can see by those numbers you can still prepare a lunch meat sandwich for a child’s lunch only its not meat it is a kind of tofu meat.

It looks like like lunch meat only it is a little darker and my daughter loves the taste. You can be a

vegetarian and be healthy as long as you do it right. Tofurky is actually vegan however that is not as important to me because my daughter still eats eggs and dairy products. It is a little bit on the expensive side at 3 dollars for a box that will make about 3 sandwiches but if you consider what school lunches cost it is really not that bad. Even some of the premium lunch meats can cost that much. I really love this product because it gives me peace of mind as far as my daughters vegetarian diet is concerned.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2710091263150230/k2311a0910/9.10.10