Pigeon Wide Neck Bottles with Peristaltic Nipple
  • I started shopping for things for the baby on my 7th month of pregnancy and among others, I bought two kinds of feeding bottles
  • From Pigeon's packaging, I found out that peristaltic motion is the smooth, wave-like motion of baby's tongue that occur during milk feeding and that a peristaltic nipple encourages the natural development of baby's jaw
  • I find its wide-neck design convenient especially when I have to make formula in the middle of the night
  • For me, the best thing about Pigeon is really its nipple shape as it fits perfectly with my baby's tongue and unlike my experience with Avent, I have had no problems having my baby latch on to it
  • In Takashimaya where I buy these bottles, Pigeon bottles cost 16.90sgd for a pair of 300ml/10oz bottles

• by thequickbrownfox

I started shopping for things for the baby on my 7th month of pregnancy and among others, I bought two kinds of feeding bottles. I bought a starter pack from Avent as well as 2 Twin Pack boxes of Pigeon Wide Neck bottles. I had planned to breastfeed all along but I still bought the bottles just in case. Good thing I bought feeding bottles because I found out after I had given birth that I had a very low supply of milk and right away, I had to supplement my baby’s feeding with formula. I first opened the Avent starter pack that came with two small bottles but eventually had to put it away for later use because its elongated nipple gave my baby a hard time transitioning from breastfeeding to bottle feeding. My baby simply could not get used to the Avent bottle’s nipple. After doing the usual sterilization, I then used the Pigeon

Wide Neck Bottle with Peristaltic Nipple. This particular Pigeon feeding bottle has a wide-base nipple that is shorter than Avent’s. Unlike Avent, its nipple did not seem to choke my baby and it made my baby’s transition from breastfeeding to bottle feeding easy.

From Pigeon’s packaging, I found out that peristaltic motion is the smooth, wave-like motion of baby’s tongue that occur during milk feeding and that a peristaltic nipple encourages the natural development of baby’s jaw. Pigeon’s Peristaltic Nipple has an Air Ventilation System that reduces air suction and enables stress-free drinking. It ensures minimum air intake and guides milk smoothly inot baby’s stomach during feeding. True enough, my baby never became colicky. The wide-neck design of the bottle also makes it easy to clean and the bottle shape makes it comfortable to hold. I find its wide-neck design convenient especially when I have to make formula in the middle of the night. For me, the ...

• best thing about Pigeon is really its nipple shape as it fits perfectly with my baby’s tongue and unlike my experience with Avent, I have had no problems having my baby latch on to it. Pigeon’s Nipple teat is so stretchable and part of the teat expands to fit perfectly into the “Sucking Fossa,” which refers to the hollow in baby’s upper jaw which gradually disappears as they grow and stop sucking, in response to the natural peristaltic motion of the baby’s tongue.

However, if I were to change something about this particular feeding bottle, I would like to see its cover replaced by something sturdier. You see, Pigeon Wide Neck Bottles with Peristaltic Nipple comes with a breakable plastic cover. On the third month, all my Pigeon bottle covers were already either broken or cracked and some could not even be used anymore as the cracks made it loose. This is where I appreciated

Avent’s unbreakable plastic cover. With broken covers, it’s quite hard to shake the bottle without spilling a drop or two. I wish Pigeon would replace its cover with more durable plastic. In any event, I would still recommend this brand of feeding bottles especially to new moms and as between Avent and Pigeon, I would choose Pigeon over Avent especially for newborns or for babies below 3 months old.

In Takashimaya where I buy these bottles, Pigeon bottles cost 16.90sgd for a pair of 300ml/10oz bottles. Thus, they are not as expensive as Avent although they are not as cheap as Farlin either. There are 4 Pigeon nipple sizes available (S, M, Y and L) and the difference among them lies in the nipple hole size. My baby is a year old now so we are now using the L size for him but we began with the S size from when he was just a few days old.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5410091263000230/k2311a0910/9.10.10