Jacobe Veterinary Clinic  » Pets  »
2159 Narra Street, United Hills Village, Paranaque City, Philippines Tel No.(632)821-3040
  • I was not expecting my dog to get sick while I was away so while I left enough money for our caretaker's food, there was not enough to go around to cover the cost of my dog's confinement and medicine
  • Somewhere in between I was told that my dog had a liver problem
  • From my experience with this clinic, I have learned that just because a clinic is not upscale doesn't automatically mean that their professionals cannot provide good service

• by thequickbrownfox

I went on a family vacation and left my Shih-Tzu dog at home in the care of our househelp. In the middle of my vacation, our caretaker called me to let me know that my dog was sick and not eating. We usually bring our pets to Animal House in Makati but since Animal House was far away from where I lived, I asked the caretaker to bring my dog to the nearest veterinary clinic he could find and instructed him to call me once there. When our caretaker called, he informed me that he had brought my dog to Jacobe Veterinary Clinic. The attending veterinarian told me that my dog had a fever and recommended that my dog be confined so that they could properly observe her.

They also needed a downpayment first. I was not expecting my dog to get sick while I was away so while I

left enough money for our caretaker’s food, there was not enough to go around to cover the cost of my dog’s confinement and medicine. I then asked the attending veterinarian, Dra. Janet, if they could first accommodate my dog and I would be sure to pay them when I get back.

I really appreciated that Dra. Janet was kind enough to accommodate my request. Through text message, I was told there were some tests that had to be made. I gave the go ahead to have the tests done and the doctor communicated and interpreted to me the results right after she got them.

Throughout the treatment, the doctor kept me updated as to what had been done, what was being and done and the improvements on the condition of my dog. Somewhere in between I was told that my dog had a liver problem. When I got back from vacation,

• I had a friend accompany me and we proceeded to Jacobe Veterinary Clinic to check on my dog and pay whatever I owed. It was my first time to visit their clinic and I was surprised at how small it was.

It was actually just a house with a clinic in front of it. The dogs were housed in cages located in the garage. I was used to a proper clinic like the Animal House in Makati which has two floors and had rooms specifically designated for each purpose, e. g confinenement, bath area, operating room, etc.

As far as I could tell, there were no rooms like these in Jacobe Veterinary Clinic. The clinic, in fact, was so small and only formed part of the house. In any event, what’s more important to me is that they returned my dog to me healthy and well. Dra.

Janet prescribed some medicines for my

dog to take and we followed her instructions to the letter. Less than two days after my dog was released, she was again back to her old eating habits as if she had never gotten sick. From my experience with this clinic, I have learned that just because a clinic is not upscale doesn’t automatically mean that their professionals cannot provide good service. Despite the Jacobe Veterinary Clinic’s relatively shabby outside appearance, their professionals were able to provide the care needed to help my dog feel better and I am glad for that as well as for the accommodation they have extended to me.

I have only been to one branch and I am quite satisfied with their service. To those interested, Jacobe Veterinary Clinic has three branches, two of them located in Paranaque City, in Marcelo Green Village and United Hills Village. The third branch is located at Bayani Road, AFPOVAI, Phase 5, Fort Bonifacio in Taguig City.

-21
    Raquel says :

is this clinic pricey? i have no money for tests if ever, i just want to know what is happening to my two puppies and what should I do with them. Maybe a consultation will do if they`ll not be required to be confined. Thank you. )

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2910091262880130/k2311a0910/9.10.10