The Longest Yard (2005): movie  » Movies  »
  • The main reason I went to see the remake which was made in 2005 is that I like Adam Sandler
  • Sometimes his movies are a little too silly, but I enjoy his comedic style
  • In my opinion, The Longest Yard is one of the best Adam Sandler movies I've seen -- it was not as silly and weird as The Water Boy and was much better than Little Nicky
  • Although I'm aware that the movie did not get good reviews from all reviewers, I enjoyed it

• by opalina143

I had not seen the original The Longest Yard, but heard it was a very popular movie. The main reason I went to see the remake which was made in 2005 is that I like Adam Sandler. Sometimes his movies are a little too silly, but I enjoy his comedic style.

In my opinion, The Longest Yard is one of the best Adam Sandler movies I’ve seen — it was not as silly and weird as The Water Boy and was much

better than Little Nicky. The Longus Yard tells the story of ex-football star Peter Crewe, who has been put in jail for drunk driving.

Thrown into the general population of criminals, Peter has a hard time fitting in. But when the warden of the prison, a football fan, jokingly suggests that the guards play the prisoners in a football game, Peter becomes drafted as the coach and quarterback.

Along with his fellow prisoners, they train to play an exhibition game against ...

• the guards. But when it becomes clear that the prisoners are going to be hard to beat, the guards hatch a scheme to kill Peter and then, later, to frame him for murder.

Despite the serious ideas in the plot, The Longest Yard is a comedy, and doesn’t take itself too seriously. A steady stream of jokes, some hit, some miss keep the plot rolling along.

The movie was entertaining. It was not the funniest movie I’ve ever seen, but it held

my interest pretty well throughout.

I especially like the cameo from the star of The Green Mile, who played a very funny comic role, showing his talent to go from serious acting to comedy. Although I’m aware that the movie did not get good reviews from all reviewers, I enjoyed it.

The Longest Yard is a good movie to sit around watching with friends on a Friday night. It’s not that memorable, but it does deliver a few laughs and enjoyable plot.

Andrew Leither says :

I think that this movie review most helpful and to the point of the movie. “The Longest Yard” sounds like a great movie. Thrown into the general population of criminals, Peter has a hard time fitting in. Adam Sandler, the movie director knows how to make movies and allow you to be drawn into the movie’s world

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1110091262610130/k2311a0910/9.10.10