MeElectronics M9 sound-isolating earphones (silver)  » Electronics  »
  • I think I bought mine for under $20, which isn't bad at all since ipod earphones cost as much if not more than that
  • The package even comes with a cable wrap and case, and I've used both of them because when I'm not using my earphones I don't want to just throw them in a drawer or in my purse because they end up coming back out a tangled mess, and having a case for them really alleviates that problem
  • And sometimes I've noticed that, especially when I'm walking and moving around while listening to my music, that the sound level of the music can fluctuate if the cord is shuffled around too much
  • I still have to fidget, because they still aren't the most comfortable things, especially if you have sensitive ears like I do, but it wasn't bad overall, and they are still probably one of the best earbuds I've used so far

• by Anasuya

Who ever know that I’d have as much to say about earphones as I have to say about the MeElectronics M9 sound-isolating earphones, but I do. I have a cell phone with music on it, which I use in luei of having to get an ipod or other mp3 player since I’ve had bad luck with them in the past, but I needed really good headphones to use with it because everyone around me doesn’t always want to listen to my music as much as I do. All the little earphones I’ve been able to find about been so cheap. You just can’t buy those big bulky background noise-reducine headphones for a cell phone, which are so comfortable. All of these earbuds end up irritating my ears especially if I’ve worn them for a couple hours like when I’m walking and I want to listen to some music to keep me occupied.

These MeElectronics M9 sound-isolating earphones are very inexpensive. I think

I bought mine for under $20, which isn’t bad at all since ipod earphones cost as much if not more than that. The package even comes with a cable wrap and case, and I’ve used both of them because when I’m not using my earphones I don’t want to just throw them in a drawer or in my purse because they end up coming back out a tangled mess, and having a case for them really alleviates that problem.

The main problem I had with them though is that they still aren’t very comfortable. After about a half an hour, maybe a little longer than that, I’m fidgeting with them again because they are already starting to hurt my ears. And sometimes I’ve noticed that, especially when I’m walking and moving around while listening to my music, that the sound level of the music can fluctuate if the cord is shuffled around too much. If I’m sitting prone and working on something ...

• while listening to music, I don’t really run into this problem much at all, but it is an irritant in some instances because I’ve had a song suddenly blare in my ear when it was nice and quiet before.

Aside from those two issues however, I find that this is actually a pretty decent quality headphone. Most of these $20 headphones aren’t really made to last, and though I’ve had some sound fluctuations with these headphones, they’ve held up pretty good otherwise and I’ve used them religiously for the past year. And they really are sound isolating too. I got the fit to be a little more comfortable when I used one of the three silicone tips that are included, and this almost creates a seal in the ear so that sound doesn’t escape because of a loose fitting earbud. And these don’t fall out of the ear either, not even when moving around. I still have to fidget, because they

still aren’t the most comfortable things, especially if you have sensitive ears like I do, but it wasn’t bad overall, and they are still probably one of the best earbuds I’ve used so far. It’s very durable, especially for the price. There is a slider at the Y junction of the cord to prevent tangles, so you can move it where you like it once you’ve got the earbuds in place, and the cable connections are all reinforced which I think is just a couple of reasons why these are so durable and long-lasting. I still wish someone would invent a pair of real headphones that cover the whole ear and don’t stick inside the ear, to be used with a cell phone or mp3 player, but until I find one that doesn’t look ridiculous, these will be sufficient enough for me I think, mostly because they don’t cost me an arm and a leg like the larger ear phones would. Not bad for the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1610091261421130/k2311a0910/9.10.10