Bamix Immersion Blender  » Housewares  »
  • It's called the Bamix Immersion Blender, which I later found out cost him an arm and a leg, but that's what I get when my brother is a chef and he likes to indulge on his family
  • This is probably one of the best Christmas gifts I've received in years, mostly because everyone knows how I like to have things tucked away and out of sight when not in use, and though I love the old blender my brother passed down to me when he bought a new one, there is something so nice about this thing that means I don't have to lug out a big blender every time I need one, and this is easy to clean too because all the attachments can be tossed in the washing machine and then you just have to wipe down the drive shaft
  • Expensive, but well worth it in my opinion and practically erases the need for a bigger bulkier blender all together

• by Anasuya

I’ve seen those commercials for that little hand held pulse blender that you can make anything with, and I was thrilled when my brother gave me a professional version of one of those for Christmas last year! It’s called the Bamix Immersion Blender, which I later found out cost him an arm and a leg, but that’s what I get when my brother is a chef and he likes to indulge on his family. This little hand-held blender is so light weight that it’s just plain silly. It looks very nice and is small enough to store in a drawer so you don’t have to keep any more appliances out on the counter tops. I have enough appliances on my counters thanks to him, so I was thrilled to finally have something I could put in a drawer and out of sight.

This little blender has a very long power cord. I can practically walk to one side of my kitchen and back while holding onto this thing while it’s plugged in, which may not be saying much since I have a small kitchen but its still way better than using a conventional blender, and moving back and forth between counter tops. Plus, it’s easy enough to just unplug and plug it back in somewhere else and not have to worry about shuffling from counter to counter while I’m cooking. And it does a little bit of everything too because it can fit into almost any bowl, doesn’t even matter how deep the bowl or pot is. It can chop, puree, beat, mix and blend and even emulsify, which I’ve honestly never had a need for that setting, but I guess it’s nice to ...

• know that it’s there.

It’s got a two speed moter and it’s very quiet. When I’ve got a conventional blender going, I can hardly hear myself think, but this one doesn’t vibrate in the hand and is extremly quiet, and has pretty much replaced my old mixer that has those pronges you have to plug into it to stir cake batter and such with, because this little Bamix Immersion Blender will mix cake batter just as well as it will chop OR puree vegetables.

It does come with other attachments for mincing, beating and whisking. I LOVE the whisking attachment. I use it any time I’m making homemade alfredo sauce or anything that uses whipping cream and needs to fluff and thicken while it’s being prepared. The driveshaft of this mixer is fully immersible, and it’s long so it’s not like you

have to use a shallow mixing bowl or prep dish in order to mix with this thing.

This is probably one of the best Christmas gifts I’ve received in years, mostly because everyone knows how I like to have things tucked away and out of sight when not in use, and though I love the old blender my brother passed down to me when he bought a new one, there is something so nice about this thing that means I don’t have to lug out a big blender every time I need one, and this is easy to clean too because all the attachments can be tossed in the washing machine and then you just have to wipe down the drive shaft. Easy peasy. Expensive, but well worth it in my opinion and practically erases the need for a bigger bulkier blender all together.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5310091261411130/k2311a0910/9.10.10