Vitamix Professional Series 500 Blender  » Housewares  »
  • What I like about the Vitamix Professional Series 500 Blender is that it looks good, to start with
  • I was staying away from using things like this in the kitchen, because it was fewer things I'd have to clean at the end of the day, but this one makes it much more convenient and easy to use
  • I was really impressed with this blender and still am
  • I think it's ruined me for cheap blenders for the rest of my life, and I'm just hoping it lasts that long

• by Anasuya

I’ve mentioned in other reviews that my brother is a professional chef and caterer and he tends to upgrade his professional quality equipment on a yearly basis and those in the family tend to get his downgraded equipment. I lucked out and got the Vitamix Professional Series 500 Blender, which I have to say is horrifically expensive, but it does just about everything under the sun. And when I say expensive, I really mean it, because this blender costs a couple hundred dollars. I guess you could say that makes it a definite improvement over my $25 Walmart blender that I’d been using for the five years prior.

What I like about the Vitamix Professional Series 500 Blender is that it looks good, to start with. It’s got a nice stainless steel finish, and you don’t have to wipe fingerprints off of it because it’s somehow fingerprint resistent with some kind

of finish over the stainless steel. I was staying away from using things like this in the kitchen, because it was fewer things I’d have to clean at the end of the day, but this one makes it much more convenient and easy to use.

There are different settings for different achievements I’m aiming for. It has three pre-programmed settings and with those you can make smoothies and fozen desserts and even soups. I never thought about putting a soup together in a blender, but it really does cut prep time in half because you you don’t have to individually chop your ingredients. This blender can puree, chop or mix, so it just might be worth its couple hundred dollars after all, especially if you cook a lot. There’s even a shut off feature so you don’t have to worry about standing around and waiting for something to mix for three ...

• minutes. You can walk away from it and it will shut itself off.

And the single blade inside the blender is really state of the art it seems because I’ve used this blender almost every single day for the past two years for one thing or another, and it still chops and cuts and blends as easily as it did the first day it was handed down to me, and my brother had had it for three years before that! So it’s a worthy piece of equipment, especially considering everything you can do with it and all the things you can make.

The 64 ounce container is shatterproof and lighter than I was expecting it to be, and that was fantastic because I accidentally dropped it one day when I picked it up with wet slippery hands. And the lid has a removable plug in it so you can add small

things to the blender while it’s running without the threat of splattering. And there are even lid vents that release steam when working with hot ingredients. I was really impressed with this blender and still am. It’s probably one of my favorite pieces of kitchen equipment that I’ve run across to date, and I wont let it out of my hands until it just wont work anymore. I can’t imagine actually upgrading from this like my brother did! I don’t know if I’d spend that kind of money on it myself since I’m not a professional chef, but I can tell you I’ve used every single feature it offers and even come up with some other creative ways to put this blender to use since I’ve had and I’ve never looked back. I think it’s ruined me for cheap blenders for the rest of my life, and I’m just hoping it lasts that long!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5310091261401130/k2311a0910/9.10.10