Caso VC200 Vacuum Food Sealer  » Housewares  »
  • I wouldn't say I'm a genius in the kitchen or anything, but I'm frugal and well organized, so I like to make a bunch of things ahead of time and then freeze them so all I have to do to prepare dinner on a day I'm working late is pull something out of the freezer and defrost it, and a food sealer makes that so much easier, without having to use ziplock bags that end up in freezer burn
  • This is definitely for professional use and it's obvious
  • I know the machine was given to me, but the bags that you seal are very expensive and you can't buy a generic replacement

• by Anasuya

Now, a $250 food sealer is NOT something I’d spend my own money on, but my brother is a chef and runs his own catering business, so when he upgraded a bunch of his equipment and supplies, I tended to get the hand-me-downs, and I’m not complaining one little bit because I’ve put each and every one of them to use, no doubt. I wouldn’t say I’m a genius in the kitchen or anything, but I’m frugal and well organized, so I like to make a bunch of things ahead of time and then freeze them so all I have to do to prepare dinner on a day I’m working late is pull something out of the freezer and defrost it, and a food sealer makes that so much easier, without having to use ziplock bags that end up in freezer burn.

This

Caso VC200 Vacuum Food Sealer is very powerful. It’s not like the little $40 food sealer you can find at a Kmart. This is definitely for professional use and it’s obvious. I know the machine was given to me, but the bags that you seal are very expensive and you can’t buy a generic replacement. So unless you’re a professional chef, I just can’t see this product being a practical item to have in a residential kitchen.

But, it’s fully automatic. There’s no guess work required to work this machine. A touch of a button is literally all it takes to make it work. The double sealing bar makes sure that the pouches are absolutely air tight. I have an extra deep freezer in my garage that I stock pile with things when I find them on sale, and I’ve had some of ...

• these sealed pouches in there for a year, and the food that is in them has stayed just as fresh as the day I put it in.

There is a fold out cutter which makes it really easy to adjust the size of the pouch for whatever you are trying to seal and you don’t have to use scissors. It’s a precision cut each and every time. And some foods you don’t want to seal until it’s flat as a pancake, so there’s a stop button which you can use to regulate the vacuum process and keep from flattening certain foods too much. And, to be honest with you, I’ve used this food sealer for sealing things other than food as well. Anything delicate or something I want to presever I’ve been able to seal in one of the pouches with much success.

This even comes with a flexible tube that you can use to create a vacuum seal in all kinds of containers, so you don’t HAVE to use the bags that come with this. I like the bags because they are convenient, but if you have any kind of container, it can create a seal for you using the included tube.

And like I said, this isn’t practical for someone to have in their kitchen just because they want a food sealer, because it IS so expensive. But on the other hand, it’s incredibly effecient and quiet and it has a nice sleek design to it that doesn’t take up too much counter space while still being large enough to seal something like a whole turkey if that’s what you wanted to do. It’s a nice piece of equipment, for sure, but probably impractical for most.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5310091261391130/k2311a0910/9.10.10