Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser - All Skin Types  » Cosmetics  »
  • Days went by and I didn’t hear from the company so I decided to check out for myself at the stores
  • They had a very small bottle of about 100ml and the cost was much higher than their regular gentle cleanser for all skin types
  • I almost forgot about the whole thing when one day I found a package in my mail box and was surprised to see the trial pack of the Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser and it was a good size of 30ml bottle
  • I was slightly disappointed to see the mention of paraben, castor oil and fragrance on the ingredients list because Cetaphil claims to be the most recommended cleanser by dermatologists and pediatricians so I did expect it to be free from parabens and fragrance and the Cleanser for Oily skin I expected to be oil free
  • I highly recommend the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser to anyone with oily skin as well that is sensitive

• by true_value

Cetaphil is one brand that I have avoided even though I have heard a zillion times about how gentle they are. The reason why I never bothered to try Cetaphil products is because the users that praise it are usually the ones with sensitive dry skin types and I have sensitive but extremely oily skin prone to acne breakouts.

Also, I have been hearing that the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser does not foam and leaves a film on skin so although I wished I could use Cetaphil I never took the risk because the cleanser are not the cheapest and they always come in big size bottles costing about S$15.00 or more.

I saw this add for the newly introduced Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser in the newspaper and was quite excited as Cetaphil finally made a cleanser for Oily Skin and I really wanted to try it. To my delight they had this offer for the first 100 readers who sends an email with address details via email to

receive a trial pack.

I normally do not have good luck with such things but I still send in my details. Days went by and I didn’t hear from the company so I decided to check out for myself at the stores. They had a very small bottle of about 100ml and the cost was much higher than their regular gentle cleanser for all skin types. This was priced at S$22.00. Looking at the size and the price I was reluctant to get it because many a times I have bought products with great hope and paid a high price and I am not talking just about money.

I almost forgot about the whole thing when one day I found a package in my mail box and was surprised to see the trial pack of the Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser and it was a good size of 30ml bottle. I was really glad to have received it and couldn’t wait to try it as soon ...

• as possible.

I was slightly disappointed to see the mention of paraben, castor oil and fragrance on the ingredients list because Cetaphil claims to be the most recommended cleanser by dermatologists and pediatricians so I did expect it to be free from parabens and fragrance and the Cleanser for Oily skin I expected to be oil free. But anyways here it was in my hand and it was something that I had been dying to try so I did.

The instruction on the bottle suggests applying on skin, massaging gently and rinse off with water. It however did not mention to apply on wet or dry skin so I decided to try it both ways. First I used it as a regular cleanser I poured a little bit of the clear cleanser onto my palm and worked up a later and applied all over my face, massaged and rinsed off. It did feel filmy but when dry it felt fine.

The next time I tried on my

dry face and I felt that it cleansed better this way but the skin felt tight and stretched. So I decided to stick to the regular cleansing method of working up lather and cleansing my face.

After a few days of using it I felt that it was not suitable for my skin. It gave me black heads around my nose and small breakouts all over my cheeks, forehead and especially my chin and my skin started to look dull and leathery with an oily sheen on it.

But I had a feeling that since this was so drying the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser might work for me. So I finally bought the original Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and I am very happy with it and I love it. It removes all my makeup beautifully and has soothed all my acne breakouts. My skin now feels so soft and beautiful.

I highly recommend the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser to anyone with oily skin as well that is sensitive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110091261021030/k2311a0910/9.10.10