Chowking Restaurant in Guadalupe Commercial Complex  » Restaurants  »
G/F Guadalupe Commercial Complex, Guadalupe cor. EDSA, Makati City, 1212, Philippines
  • There was no long queue but the problem is waiting for the order to come
  • It was really delectable and chewy when you eat it and I like it with less oil
  • The black gulaman by the way was really one of the best sellers there

• by strawberrychocodahi

We needed to commute for the day before going to Laguna and we needed to take our lunch first so the nearest restaurant to go to was Chowking Restaurant in Guadalupe Commercial Complex.

We have been in this restaurant for so many times and we did ate our lunch with satisfaction because the food was really superb especially the pancit canton. It was perfectly cooked because the veggies are crispy and green and was not over cooked. We also order black gulaman or jelly and we have chicken lauriat which is with noodles, fried chicken, chips, butsi and siomai into one big plate.

One plate of chicken lauriat is really a complete meal for me and it was so affordable that you can still order one for take home or gift to where we will go. There was no long queue but the problem is waiting for

the order to come. There are lots of customers coming every minute and the tables seem to be full all the time.

We did take a seat near the glass window to where we can see people passing by outside as we wait for our food. It took 15 to 20 minutes before they delivered our food. It was really hot and no wonder it took time because it was freshly cooked and the butsi ball is oily which I really don’t like. Butsi is considered a snack or can be treated as a sweet treat which is made out of grind sticky rice that was balled in form stuffed with sweetened ground mongo beans which is covered with sesame seeds. It was really delectable and chewy when you eat it and I like it with less oil.

The place was big since there is an extension ...

• space but sometimes they don’t let the customers occupy the remaining secluded place because they used to held their seminars for their new recruits of service crews and train them. I get to see what they do on a glass window and it most of these people are teenagers in their College years. I do hope that Chowking should get their training room be private enough and get a cover such as a curtain so that the customers would not be disturbed by what they do even if it was closed doors.

The black gulaman by the way was really one of the best sellers there. At least I am satisfied with the big hole straw that they give so that the customer can really enjoy the chewy gulaman or jelly which is really refreshing to take. I will always go back to Chowking Guadalupe for

their Black Gulaman drink.

They do have their wash room and toilet which is located at the middle side of the restaurant near their seminar room. It is not that clean but at least you can see someone mops the floor but not most of the time. The table is one thing that I remember that I didn’t like because it was shaky and was not aligned with the other table they attached so it was shaky. This is the reason why we moved to another seat which is located near the glass window. At least that table is bigger and stable.

My family and I will always go back to Chowking Guadalupe even if their ambiance was not so great and there was no design to their walls or whatsoever. We will go back because of the food and the affordable price that Chowking offers its customers.

Kristel says :

Wondrin` when this review was written. Cause if I were to rate Guadalupe Chowking, I`ll give them 2. I was at Guadalupe Chowking yesterday and I had a terrible experience. They had me waiting for more than 45 minutes to get my order served. Was going back and forth to check with them if it`s ready to serve but they kept on telling me that it`ll be served the soonest. Much to my great disappointment,I talked to the manager on duty. She apologized, but it was pretty useless. I did not take the order served, and walked out instead. I don`t care what their system is, but they should really know how to handle these situations. Your personnel and crews need to be trained. Poor service and untidy area. Truly disappointing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 710091260961030/k2311a0910/9.10.10