Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Cleanser - Soap & Fragrance Free  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • This is one of the cleansers that I had bought with great hopes and was badly disappointed
  • The packaging, the name, the brand all seemed quite promising but it unfortunately it didn’t work for me
  • I bought both the Cleanser and its matching toner and used it religiously twice a day for couple of weeks and regretted it totally
  • I was also impressed by the fact that it had Salicylic Acid listed on the ingredients list
  • I regret buying this cleanser and will not be purchasing it ever again

• by true_value

This is one of the cleansers that I had bought with great hopes and was badly disappointed. The packaging, the name, the brand all seemed quite promising but it unfortunately it didn’t work for me.

I have extremely sensitive oily skin that is prone to breaking out. When I came across the Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Series I got interested. I bought both the Cleanser and its matching toner and used it religiously twice a day for couple of weeks and regretted it totally.

The reason why I got this cleanser and had great hopes from it is that I have had good luck with some of Eucerin’s body lotions and I had always wanted to try some of their other products. The Eucerin Dermo

Purifyer series was a new launch and the bottles looked very nice in white and green giving it a fresh look. The product claims to be Dermatological Skincare and that it is Soap and Fragrance Free and that it cleanses gently and effectively while eliminating excess sebum. I was also impressed by the fact that it had Salicylic Acid listed on the ingredients list.

It was priced at S$22.00 which was very expensive when compared to other drugstore brand cleansers but the size was 200ml which is quite a lot as most other cleansers comes in the size of 100ml.

I normally would hesitate to buy such a big bottle and pay that much as I have had many a disaster due to my sensitive skin. But I decided to go ahead and get it because that was the only size available and I felt that it might suit me since it is soap free, fragrance free and dermatologically tested.

One good thing about the cleanser is that it really is fragrance free unlike some other cleansers that claim to be fragrance free but will still have some smell to it but this one has no scent at all. The cleanser itself is clear and colorless. The consistency is medium and lathers quite well and forms a very creamy lather which feels great when applying on the skin and rinses off easily.

However the cleanser leaves a film over my skin and my face does not feel ...

• Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Cleanser - Soap & Fragrance Free
      very clean it also does not clean off makeup, which is not a great deal because I do use a makeup remover separately. To feel clean I used it a second time and it made my skin feel tight, stretched and dry and in fact made it extremely oily and dull.

I continued using it as it was a 200ml bottle and I did not want it to go to waste and also because it is said that a new product should be given at least a week to adapt and adjust to one’s skin type.

After using it for couple of weeks I saw these dark patches appear on my face which I am sure was a result of using this cleanser because they

went away when I stopped using the cleanser for a while and returned when I used the cleanser once again. This was quite a weird experience because I never had this kind of a reaction with any other products that I have used.

Of both the cleanser and the toner, I found the toner to be slightly better while the cleanser was a total waste of money. I regret buying this cleanser and will not be purchasing it ever again. As for the bottle that is still sitting in my bathroom I don’t know what to do with it.

Then again I am only stating my personal opinion based on my experiences with the product and the Eucerin Dermopurifyer Cleanser might work really well or someone else.

true_value replies :

what is the question?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110091260751030/k2311a0910/9.10.10