KLM  » Airlines  »
  • I was a little disappointed when we took out seats
  • Considering the distance and cost, I had expected slightly bigger seats
  • I would not hesitate to fly KLM again, but if I was doing long haul I might pack a pocket of my favourite biscuits

• by Karonher

Although I have flown a couple of times a year, the longest I have been on a plane was 5 hours. This trip to Shanghai from Liverpool was going to be the longest. A quick trip to Amsterdam then 10 and a half to Shanghai. The first part was mundane but I was looking forward to the long haul stage.

I was amazed at the size of the plane,

and it was the first time i had been on the top deck of a plane. I was a little disappointed when we took out seats. Considering the distance and cost, I had expected slightly bigger seats. They were clearly wider than short haul seats but there was hardly any extra leg room.

We were given headphones and within 20 minutes of takeoff all the channels were available. There was a really good choice of entertainment. Some films had only just stopped showing at the cinema, and there were old film, music and some television programmes.

Being vegetarian meant I was fed first. It was a good standard meal salad, fruit cake and quiche. Water was provided every hour or so and then ice creams.

The return flight was even better. We were delayed and so ended ...

• KLM
      up in a better plane. Our own television screen gave even more choice. There was a bit more leg room, but the pluses were removed by the food. Despite being vegetarian I am really easy to feed, but both trays went back barely touched. The salad and fruit were fine, but the pasta and then noodles and vegetables were almost inedible.

The staff both ways were ideal, and even

at Schipol airport where we were sent to hotels due to the delay they remained friendly and professional. Goodness only knows how many hours they had worked, but we were all sent off for a few hours sleep with a nice word and a smile.

I would not hesitate to fly KLM again, but if I was doing long haul I might pack a pocket of my favourite biscuits.

KLM

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4010091260731030/k2311a0910/9.10.10