Swimming technique–Total Immersion Extra Ordinary Swimming for every body  » Books  »
  • I bought the Total Immersion (Ti) Extra Ordinary swimming for everybody in June 2009 from the TI website
  • At first, I thought it was being dull but after about three months I became a confident in water in general
  • If you are a swimmer and want to improve, I guarantee that when you buy the book follow its instructions, you will ever improve and be happy

• by Eliasu Abraman

I bought the Total Immersion (Ti) Extra Ordinary swimming for everybody in June 2009 from the TI website. Amazingly, this is the most influential material, I identify, I have ever had with me.

I bought it after; I had a sample material on it from TI website. It is copyright 2006.

The book fundamentally explains an appropriate to swimming called the “Total Immersion” discovered and developed by Terry Laughlin. TI approach to swimming carries a revolutionary message that drives swimming away from the conventional approach to swimming.

Earlier chapters identify and explain the universal human understanding, common frustrations and smart solutions

to these frustrations.

Middle chapters focus on the importance of stoke length, how to achieve optimal stroke length and why being slippery is better than being powerful.

Ending chapters prescribe drills as solutions to achieving a more relaxed, slippery, efficient and fast swimming goals in all four swimming strokes.

In the book, TI promotes the mind as the first thing to train in swimming. Training the mind leads to awareness in swimming in which case a swimmer takes control over his swim, it also says that the actually swimming inputs needs to come from the core body rather than the arms ...

• and legs.

The TI approach frown upon the over use of legs and arms. Legs only need to trigger the weight of the human body and not to create any meaningful proportion. Arm only need to hold a place in the water and drive the body through the smallest possible hole it creates. The book advocates a gradual process of skill development. At first, I thought it was being dull but after about three months I became a confident in water in general.

Since I bought this book my stroke techniques, especially freestyle has

been beautiful, relaxed, efficient, fast and passionate. So I like swimming every day. I continuously improve any time I step into a pool or water.

If you are a swimmer and want to improve, I guarantee that when you buy the book follow its instructions, you will ever improve and be happy. You will not practice struggle to be an extra ordinary swimmer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1710091260721030/k2311a0910/9.10.10