The movie A Shark’s Tale  » Movies  »
  • I had this problem on the one hand it had a really great cast
  • I don't think that the movie would have done near as well as it did without the all star cast
  • The reason I say that leads me to my biggest issue with the movie
  • Honestly over all its not a movie that I would even consider buying
  • Kids will probably love this movie as it dies have some funny parts in it, but I think that some of the dialogue will be hard for them to accept or understand

• by webgirl40

A Shark’s Tale is one of those movies that looks like it might be okay, but the thought of paying movie theater prices to see it scares the crap out of you. I had this problem on the one hand it had a really great cast. Even Robert De Niro was lending his voice for the movie, then again from the trailer the plot looked pretty cheesy. I ultimately decided that the voices weren’t going anywhere so I waited until it became available for rent at my local video store before I saw it.

I was glad that I waited.

The cast was great. Robert De Niro really delivered in this movie as the boss of a shark crime family. His experiences playing mobsters really helped in this part and he did great. Will Smith was funny although I do have to admit that in this movie he really reminded me of when he played Will on the Fresh-Prince of Bel Aire. He did delivered some laughs and some great jokes but over all it felt so… well Fresh Princey. I really just don’t know how to quite put ...

• it. Over all all the cast did really great with their voices. I don’t think that the movie would have done near as well as it did without the all star cast.

The reason I say that leads me to my biggest issue with the movie. The plot. While it was funny and could have been something really great I don’t feel like the movie did a good job in developing it. It seems to jump form one spot to another and it was hard to keep my concentration on the movie in some parts. It really

just was not a very good. I don’t how else to put it.

Honestly over all its not a movie that I would even consider buying. However, it one of those movie that I would watch on television if it came on. Kids will probably love this movie as it dies have some funny parts in it, but I think that some of the dialogue will be hard for them to accept or understand.

Overall its a decent movie for kids to watch. I would not advise buying it for them though, its better as an occasional renter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1110091260711030/k2311a0910/9.10.10