Bissell Little Green Machine  » Housewares  »
  • I think this wonderful invention is a must for owners of indoor cats

• by kylesmom

My Little Green Machine isn’t shiny and new anymore, because it doesn’t just sit in the closet gathering dust. Had to be a woman who came up with this machine! It’s not for cleaning an entire room, unless you’re incredibly bored and want to crawl around all day. But it is awesome for spot cleaning, upholstery and small heavy traffic areas. I did glance at the directions when I first got it, but there’s nothing difficult to figure out. There’s a tank on each side, one for the special cleaner and water, the other an uptake for the dirty water.

It works much like a Rug Dr. but on a much smaller scale. The Green Machine weighs about 10 lb. give or take.

You hold down the trigger to spray the mixture of water and cleaning solution.

Let that stand a minute or two, then go back over the spot pressing the nozzle down hard and leaving the trigger up to suction up the water. I sometimes like to see the black disgusting gunk going into the tank, major sense of accomplishment! I buy the Bissell general cleaning formula, but they make several different ones, for pets, smoker, heavy duty, etc. Price at Walmart ranges from about $7-$15.

I think this wonderful invention is a must for owners of indoor cats. I read somewhere that cats vomit more than any other species and I’m a believer! I have two precious furballs, they never miss the litter box but one has a sensitive stomach. For those of you that don’t have cats, when they get sick they tend to keep hopping backwards as they ...

• get sick, each “burst” hitting another spot rather than all in one place. I’ve tried directing him to tile, or sliding something disposable under him, but no, only carpet will do.

After I get what I can pick up with a paper towel(yes I nearly get sick too) Little Green can handle the rest. Sure beats a bucket and rag, rinse and repeat. There are two different nozzles, a basic one and a “turbo” one. I seldom use the “turbo” one, I don’t feel it works much better than the basic.

And when it comes to getting up the water I think the basic one seems to suck it up faster. Of course I don’t want to trouble myself switching back and forth so I leave the basic one on. There’s a place to wrap the

hose around the machine, hooks to wrap the electical cord around, and a spot for the extra nozzle. All tidy and not parts to lose that way.

I think it works as well as Rug Dr. or other cleaners along that concept. Some stains of course are more difficult. I have used lalundry stain spray on some bad spots, an extra boost with the Bissell solution.

Though the cleaner isn’t cheap, it does go a long ways. I’ve used this baby many times over 4 years and am only on my second bottle. I usually empty the uptake tank down the toilet and rinse a few times. But I leave the leftover cleaner in it, ready to go for the next accident.

Been awhile, but I think I paid about $79 at Walmart and worth every penny!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5310091260701030/k2311a0910/9.10.10