Key West Aquarium, Key West, Florida  » Travel  »
1 Whitehead Street, Key West, FL
  • It was amazing how quickly they grab their meal and devour it
  • You definitely have to be careful with little kids and dogs inside the aquarium because one wrong step will have you in the shark tank
  • It was amazing to see all the marine life there and I highly recommend staying for the free mini tour

• by slappy

This past May my husband, my dog, and I went to Key West, Florida for a friend’s wedding. While we were there we decided we wanted to see as many sites as we could. I always do my research before I go anywhere and found out that Key West is a very dog-friendly town.

I also found out that the Key West aquarium is the only aquarium that dogfriendly. com could find that allowed dogs in it.

Sure enough, our Golden girl had free admission to the aquarium.

The aquarium itself was on the smaller side, but I had no complaints as we got to see a lot.

You can pick up different kinds of shell animals which I didn’t due as they look quite intimidating. (Really, they aren’t though) We stayed for a free tour of the facility and got to see the guide explain all about the different sea life that lived there.

In the main room is an open stingray tank and an open shark tank. Needless to say, I ...

• had to keep my pup on a short leash because she wanted to play with the sharks.

The tour guide actually takes one of the sharks out of the water and brings it around the crowd to let the people pet it. I briefly touched it and it was fun and scary.

The guide also went to the larger outdoor enclosed shark tank and put on a little feeding show with the sharks. It was amazing how quickly they grab their meal and devour it.

We

also got to see the various turtle species and fish species. My dog loved it too, and only got startled from a blow fish like creature on the other side of the tank.

You definitely have to be careful with little kids and dogs inside the aquarium because one wrong step will have you in the shark tank. The stingrays were fascinating as demonstrated by the way they eat and swim.

It was amazing to see all the marine life there and I highly recommend staying for the free mini tour.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 389091260221030/k2311a099/9.9.10