Merrick Brand Dog Food - Turducken  » Pets  »
  • I chose Turducken as the flavor as it seems to have the most meat content versus the other flavors and obviously I like that
  • I enjoy giving my dog Merrick Turducken and she loves eating it

• by slappy

I am very picky about what my dog eats as her health is of the utmost importance to me. She has always had a sort of sensitive stomach so I must always be very careful what I feed her. I don’t believe my dog should have anything but human-grade, top of the line ingredients.

Merrick Turducken dog food meets my requirements. It has no artifical ingredients, flavors or preservatives and no by-products which is important to me.

It’s comprised mostly of meat and whole grains with some fruits, veggies, and vitamins added. The meat is what the name says

- turkey, duck and chicken.

It agrees with my dog’s stomach and she loves the taste. It doesn’t have a wretched awkward smell like many of the commercial dog foods I’ve seen.

When you see a dog that has that typical “dog” odor, it’s usually because they either are overdue for a bath, or they are not eating top quality food. With this food, my dog usually smells great! (As long as she wasn’t rolling around in the dirt that afternoon) It also advertises a special coating that turns to gracy when water is added to ...

• it.

We add the water every time we feed her and she sits and waits patiently for dinner to come. I do supplement it with some wellness CORE and some of our own food as I feel that extra meat protein is important in a dog’s diet.

We transitioned her slowly from the food she was on and she had no problems. We have experimented with other brands such as Blue and Innova, but they seemed to have given her the runs and overall did not react well with her.

It is not sold as a “commercial”

type dog food and therefore can only be bought in pet specialty stores. For example, Petsmart and Petco do not sell it.

I chose Turducken as the flavor as it seems to have the most meat content versus the other flavors and obviously I like that. As a side note, they are privately owned, have an informative website, and provide whatever information you need when contacting customer service.

They may take a bit to get back to you via email but they are pretty detailed in their responses. I enjoy giving my dog Merrick Turducken and she loves eating it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 299091259741030/k2311a099/9.9.10