Honda Shadow VLX Deluxe  » Other  »
  • In my opinion, if you have no idea what you are doing, then don't start with the shadow as it is a little bit bigger than most beginner bikes

• by slappy

The Honda Shadow VLX Deluxe was my very first motorcycle. I now ride a Harley Davidson Low Rider but would not be as advanced as I am today without having started with the shadow. I am a female rider and my father and husband ride as well.

I had a pretty good idea what I was doing starting out, which is why the shadow worked for me. In my opinion, if you have no idea what you are doing, then don’t

start with the shadow as it is a little bit bigger than most beginner bikes.

If you do have some knowledge of what you’re doing, then it is the perfect starter bike. My basis is on the fact that it is a 500cc (engine size) cruiser style bike that has a bit more get up than the 125cc’s they use in the licensing courses.

It’s general not a super fast bike. but will get you going and out of a bind when ...

• you need to.

We put saddle bags and Vance & Hines pipes on it as well. It sounded so great that someone accidentally mistook it for a Harley Sportster.

Harleys are “tough” sounding motorcycles with the proper pipes and for my little Honda to be compared to that made me proud. It was also the first motorcycle my husband rode as well and a perfect starter for him, too! We bought it new for around 5 grand and in my

opinion that is definitely a reasonable price.

I felt very comfortable and secure riding it and it could easily support two people… a driver and passenger. I was sad to see it go, but I was eventually ready for my next bike.

I also liked that it was fuel injected so it started up with ease and the water cooled engine always kept the engine running smoothly. All in all, it’s a perfect starter bike for someone with a riding sense.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 129091259731030/k2311a099/9.9.10