Rimmel Colour Show-Off Lipstick in Have Fun!  » Cosmetics  »
  • I wanted a lipstick with a bit of colour to it as an alternative to my usual nude and beige shades and I noticed this apparently new range from Rimmel, called Colour Show-Off
  • I bought this from Morrisons supermarket and on their little Rimmel stand there was a choice of about 5 or 6 different colours
  • Although I wanted a bit of colour, bright colours do not suit me at all and I found just one shade of the range that would be suitable for my colouring as it actually was not too bright
  • The shade is like a deep rose pink with a bit of blue to the shade, which gives it that dusky tone which I like
  • So I would say this is a quality lipstick and I would recommend it highly if you want to put some colour into your life

• by jeanne71

I wanted a lipstick with a bit of colour to it as an alternative to my usual nude and beige shades and I noticed this apparently new range from Rimmel, called Colour Show-Off. I bought this from Morrisons supermarket and on their little Rimmel stand there was a choice of about 5 or 6 different colours. Maybe Rimmel actually produce a larger range, I do not know. Although I wanted a bit of colour, bright colours do not suit me at all and I found just one shade of the range that would be suitable for my colouring as it actually was not too bright. This is called ‘Have Fun!’ and, although it is pink, pink would normally be ghastly on me, but this one is a nice dusky pink. I can get away with

dusky pink clothing too, but bright pink is a no-no as it seems to clash with my colouring. The other colours were really vibrant shades of red, pink and orange as I remember – great on footballer’s wives and Essex girls though! I am very pleased with my new lipstick as not only does it give my lips enough colour to attract attention from wolf-whistlers, but it is smooth and moisturizing and it lasts very well indeed.

The packaging is rather jazzy for a Rimmel lipstick as it is a shocking pink metallic with a gold band with an embossed design of concentric circles which make my eyes go funny, so it looks rather glamourous. This is a normal twist-up lipstick. This particular colour – Have Fun! – has a number 50 code on the bottom by ...

• the way. The shade is like a deep rose pink with a bit of blue to the shade, which gives it that dusky tone which I like. As I say, this one is the only shade in the range which is a very muted colour, so maybe it does not belong in that vibrant range really, but it is perfect for me.

I much prefer a hydrating lipstick and this one is lovely and moisturizing and I do not need to apply a lip balm over the top, as I often do with a lipstick. It feels lovely and balmy on the lips. The moisturized feeling does last very well and so does the colour which fades naturally instead of in patches. Often, the price you will pay for a moisturizing lipstick is that it does

not last long, or the ones with staying power will be rather drying on the lips, but this Colour Show-Off is a happy combination of staying power and smooth, soft lips which I really like. This lipstick does not have any shine to it and it does not look moist as such, it just looks balmy and smooth.

So I would say this is a quality lipstick and I would recommend it highly if you want to put some colour into your life. This particular shade is great for me as it brightens up my look but it is not too bright or glossy and I find it a pleasure to wear for everyday wear, especially to the office where I do not want to look over made-up (tarty I mean!). This is a great range from Rimmel so, go for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319091259530930/k2311a099/9.9.10