Simple Spotless Skin Rapid Action Spot Zapper  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I am pretty disappointed with this spot ‘zapper’ from the usually fabulous Simple skin care range
  • It seems to have some effect initially but I think it is a weak effect and I really do not think this spot treatment is worth the £5 I paid for it at Boots
  • But I find it just a bit too gentle to be really effective and so, unfortunately, I cannot recommend it
  • By the end of the day I thought that this spot had dried up somewhat and it looked a little less red

• by jeanne71

I am pretty disappointed with this spot ‘zapper’ from the usually fabulous Simple skin care range. It does not ‘zap’ my spots at all, as ‘zapping’ implies a quick, powerful action to obliterate the little buggers. It seems to have some effect initially but I think it is a weak effect and I really do not think this spot treatment is worth the £5 I paid for it at Boots. They promise results within 4 hours by means of its ‘antibacterial goodness’. As I actually have dry, ageing skin which gets the odd blemish, especially when it is coming up to the time of my menstrual cycle (I always get an awful spot on my chin when I am due), I was attracted to the idea that this product would be both effective and yet still gentle on my skin. But I find it just a bit too gentle to be really

effective and so, unfortunately, I cannot recommend it.

This is a good idea in theory as it comes in a little squeezable tube, containing 15ml of spot treatment, which has a metal, ball roll-on underneath the screw-top lid. So, this is a small enough little tube that you could take out with you, easily fitting into the pocket of your handbag, to blast an annoying spot that has cropped up even when you are out and about. You just simply roll it onto those individual spots and a clear, liquid spot treatment comes out which is as thin as water. It is only a small amount that comes out, just enough to cover one spot, and I can just see a bit of wetness on my skin which dries very quickly. I find that this does not disturb my foundation at all, so if it worked really well, this would be a handy product.

• I cannot really detect any scent with this product either – possibly a slightly herbal scent if anything. There is no feeling of stinging at all, but I think I would prefer a stinging feeling when I have treated a spot, as at least I feel as though it is getting to work and killing the germs and bacteria.

I had got an itchy spot underneath my nose which I think came from using a moisturizing cream that did not agree with me, so the first spot I applied this to was that. I applied it underneath my foundation and then put a bit on top of it too, for extra help. By the end of the day I thought that this spot had dried up somewhat and it looked a little less red. But that was 5 days ago and although I have been applying the spot zapper every day, that spot

has not improved any further. I had a bump under the skin on one cheek and when I applied this, I thought on the first day it seemed a bit smaller, but again, it has not improved any further, even though I have used the treatment twice a day. I have continued using this but as there is no drastic improvement in my mainly little spots that I have here and there, I am not sure if it has improved them at all.

So I am afraid that I cannot really recommend this and I personally will be looking for something to ‘zap’ my spots that is more powerful than this. I am still using it as it is probably better than nothing and it does seem to have a slight initial effect, but, especially if you have raging teenage acne that so powerfully comes out due to your hormones, I cannot imagine this would be worth buying.

ThatGurl says :

i just wanted to say something about jeanne71`s review about the Simple Spotless Rapid Action Spot Zapper. I think that this `zapper` is worth the 5 i bought it for. If you go on the superdrug website, you`ll see that you have to apply other skin care products before you use the Simple Spotless Rapid Action Spot Zapper on your face STEP 1 Cleanse -Use Simple Spotless Skin Quick Fix Cleansing Wipes which effectively removes make-up traces and impurities that can cause spots and blemishes. STEP 2 Cleanse-Use Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash which deeply cleanses, purifies and tones to remove hidden dirt and unclog pores. STEP 3 Cleanse- Use simple Spotless Skin Blackhead Eliminating Face Scrub which effectively removes dead skin cells, dirt and impurities that can cause blackheads. STEP 4 Moisturise - Use Simple Spotless Skin Anti-blemish Moisturiser which gives long lasting shine control and maintains moisture levels throughout the day. STEP 5 Control - Use Simple Spotless Skin Rapid Action Spot Zapper which Visibly reduces spot redness and size in just 4 hours These are the instructions you should follow every day. I`ve calculated the total cost of these products which is 19.45 Hope this helps

jeanne71 replies :

I did all that before applying the zapper, I use many cleansing products on my face, and it still didn`t work, but it just shows that some products work for some and not others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319091259490930/k2311a099/9.9.10