Rimmel Sun Shimmer To Go Body Bronzer Wipe Single Sachet  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I am always up for trying new brands so instead of using my usual Garnier gradual tanning product, I thought I would try this Sun Shimmer To Go self-tanning wipe from the Rimmel brand
  • I am only looking at my legs at the moment in an artificial light as it is night-time, but I know they would look even worse in bright daylight so tomorrow I shall be keeping my legs firmly covered up in my jeans
  • I would not remotely recommend you go near this self-tanning product

• by jeanne71

I am always up for trying new brands so instead of using my usual Garnier gradual tanning product, I thought I would try this Sun Shimmer To Go self-tanning wipe from the Rimmel brand. Having applied it this morning – and now looking at the final results that have developed over a few hours – I am just thankful that I only applied this to my legs which, as we are having rainy, windy weather at the moment, I am not likely to want to bare in shorts when I go out tomorrow. This self-tanner, I am afraid, is far too orange. It is a fairly light ‘tan’ but it is still pretty orange. I am only looking at my legs at the moment in an artificial light as it is night-time, but I know they would look even worse in bright daylight so tomorrow I shall be keeping my legs firmly covered up in my jeans! It has also come out somewhat patchy in areas which makes me look like I have vitiligo.

I would not remotely recommend you go near this self-tanning product.

I only paid 80p for this single application wipe, which was reduced from its regular price of 96p. I thought I would give it a go as it was so cheap so I popped it in my basket along with my other groceries, but even at that price, it is a waste of money as, who wants to look like they have been tangoed? The sachet is easy to rip open and out comes the moist wipe which is very similar to a facial cleansing wipe and about the same size too, about the size of your face.

The wipe has a perfume to it which is not unpleasant and it is much more moist than a facial cleansing wipe, pretty wet in fact. We are instructed to apply evenly to the skin, applying more sparingly on the rough, thicker skin on our elbows and knees as these dry areas will absorb the colour more deeply than the rest of our skin. We are also ...

• advised to exfoliate our skin first for smoother results. Well, I did exfoliate my skin with a body scrub in the bath beforehand and I also applied body lotion to the rougher areas of my elbows and knees. So I did everything I was supposed to do to give this self-tan its best shot. We are also advised to wash our hands after application or again, the product will absorb deeply into this area and will look odd. I applied it to the length of my legs starting from the ankles and worked my way up. It leaves the skin rather wet-looking but it did only take two or three minutes to dry completely. The one good thing I can say about this is that it is obviously moisturizing as the skin on my legs did feel very smooth and soft. The sachet does point out that you should not put on your clothing until the tanner is completely dry, but it does not take long to dry.

The sachet says that the

tan will start to develop in one hour, but I looked at my legs after an hour and they did not look any different. I forgot about it for another two and a half hours and then stripped off to look in the bathroom mirror – and my legs were pretty orange now! I know they say that we should apply it ‘evenly’ but this is easier said than done when you are applying what is a colourless liquid. The majority of my skin was even – albeit orange – but down the front of my shins in particular I had patches of pale skin and the odd streak. Not only that, but by the time I reached the upper part of my legs, the thighs, the product was running out on the wipe and those parts were still pretty pale. No, this is not a good self-tanning product, despite its cheap price. There are much better ones out there so I cannot recommend this at all, unless you want to look like a belisha beacon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319091259470930/k2311a099/9.9.10