Ainsley Harriott Fruit & Nut Cereal Bars
  • These are the most gorgeous cereal bars – possibly the best I have ever had
  • I think it is the addition of Belgian chocolate that helps a great deal as the milk chocolate coats one side of the bar is quite a generous layer
  • These are from TV chef Ainsley Harriott’s range which, from my experience, is generally pretty good stuff
  • I would highly recommend these cereal bars from Ainsley’s range

• by jeanne71

These are the most gorgeous cereal bars – possibly the best I have ever had. I think it is the addition of Belgian chocolate that helps a great deal as the milk chocolate coats one side of the bar is quite a generous layer. These are from TV chef Ainsley Harriott’s range which, from my experience, is generally pretty good stuff.

The bars contain the standard ingredients for cereal bars of oats,

branflakes, raisins and nuts. The bars are pretty dense but they are quite soft to bite into due to the ingredients being bound together by glucose syrup. I generally like cereal bars and these bars would be nice anyway, even without the chocolate on the top, but that Belgian chocolate is divine. I am no chocolate expert, but I can tell this is Belgian chocolate as it just tastes extra ...

• special and very good quality indeed.

I am surprised to read from the box that each bar only contains 151 calories which is actually very low for what you get. The bar is quite substantial and certainly fills a space in my stomach for a good while and, together with all that lovely chocolate, it is surprising that it has so few calories. The box says the chocolate comprises 20% of the

bar. It does contain sugar as cereal bars usually do, but it does have nutritious benefits too such as protein, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D and Folic Acid to name a few.

They come in a 210g box which contains 6 or 7 bars – I am not sure as, to be honest, they did not last long as they were quickly eaten. I would highly recommend these cereal bars from Ainsley’s range.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 279091259320930/k2311a099/9.9.10