Kubotan Self-Defense Device- Black (Pointed)  » Other  »
  • I bought the Kubotan after my boyfriend and I broke up and I began to live alone
  • They indeed did have some in stock and I was able to avoid shipping charges
  • I found that it is very painful for the person who is on the receiving end of it
  • I know that it's always there if I need it and I know exactly where to find it
  • It is, however one of the best $5 investments I have ever made

• by Dawn Hawkins

A Kubotan is a self-defense device which is made of solid aluminum. It has a key ring on one end of it and it is used to strike people with or to place on pressure points on the person’s body. I bought the Kubotan after my boyfriend and I broke up and I began to live alone. Although I am not normally afraid to be by myself, there have been moments that I have felt very vulnerable. I purchased the Kubotan online at ECPDefense.com for $5.00. This business is an online business, but since I lived close by the person who runs the business, I contacted them to find out if they had any in stock. They indeed

did have some in stock and I was able to avoid shipping charges.

I use the Kubotan as a key ring, as that is one of the main uses for it. The keys and Kubotan can act together as a self-defense tool and I keep it securely in my hand when I leave the house at night. I have not had to use the Kubotan but have practiced on some people (with permission) to make sure it does what it says it will do. It does indeed work on pressure points or just pushing the pointed end into someone’s side is enough to get them to move out of the way. I found that it is very painful ...

• for the person who is on the receiving end of it.

I feel much safe having the Kubotan with me where ever I go. I know that it’s always there if I need it and I know exactly where to find it. I also know that I don’t have to worry about carrying around Mace, which can go off in your purse if you aren’t careful. I was leery of purchasing a Taser as well because they have dealt with a lot of controversy in the news. Tasers aren’t legal everywhere, but you can carry a Kubotan anywhere you like without problem which was another great selling point to it.

I hope that I never have to use the

Kubotan. It isn’t a lethal weapon by any means. It is, however one of the best $5 investments I have ever made. The paint is beginning to wear out on my Kubotan, but the strength of it hasn’t. I would buy one again if I lost the one that I already have, but chances are, the one I have will last forever. It’s not an item that I will ever have to replace because it is that sturdy. If you are looking for a self-defense device that is safe to carry yet packs a lot of power, a Kubotan is about as safe as it gets. I am actually thinking of purchasing more for my mother and daughter as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 128091259270130/k2311a098/9.8.10