Eastport Cloth Backpack  » Other  »
1.0
  • As a child I used to love summer break and as a parent I love it as well
  • While I look forward to the kids going back to school I also cringe because I know there is going to be quite a lot of money wanting to be spent on school supplies and school uniforms
  • I bought it because it was only $9 of course I had to buy two of them so that made $18 dollars total
  • I thought I was saving money by buying an economy backpack but it turns out that I was doing nothing of the sort
  • This year I will not fall for the cheap back pack because I think it is a piece of junk

• by makeithappen

As a child I used to love summer break and as a parent I love it as well. Still I am glad the kids will be back in school in the day so I can get back to working. While I look forward to the kids going back to school I also cringe because I know there is going to be quite a lot of money wanting to be spent on school supplies and school uniforms. I try to breath deeply and not to panic to much but with two kids in the same grade it only seems to get more expensive every year. We all know we are going to be broke when it is all said and done

yet we want our kids to have what they need to take on a new year of learning. I hate when I get my kids something for school and it breaks quickly or does not work. To me that is only a waste of money. At the same time I do not want to spend more than I have to considering I have to buy two of everything. The corner stone of going back to school is a good back pack. This is something they will use every single day and must last the entire year. I have tried many different back packs over the years and some have let me down and some have not. One back pack that let me down was the Eastsport Mesh Backpack. I bought it because it was only $9 of course I had to buy two of them so that made $18 dollars total.

I thought I was saving money by buying an economy backpack but it turns out that I was doing nothing of the sort. I was only wasting $18 because it would not take long to have to replace these. I only want to do back to school shopping once and that should be at the end of summer break. Sadly these back packs lasted 1 and 2 months respectively. I was shocked and disappointed. I have a son and a daughter and my son tends to be the one who ...

• Eastport Cloth Backpack
      is harder on things. In the first week he used it the zipper handle fell off and the stitches on the strings on the front came undone. At this point getting in to and out of the back pack was nearly impossible and I know this was making his day much harder. I was none to pleased and this was the start of his Eastport Mesh Backpack (in brown) literally falling apart.

My daughter is the one who always makes things last. However 3 weeks after she started using her Eastport Mesh Backpack it had a hole in the bottom. She would bring it in the house and set it down and just from being picked up and sat down

the hole started and got bigger. Needless to say I was very unhappy the day I found her lunch money on the front porch because it had fallen out this hole as was anything else small enough to fit through it. As I said by the end of month 2 I had to do back to school shopping all over again. This year I will not fall for the cheap back pack because I think it is a piece of junk. When you are doing your back to school shopping and see this backpack that looks like a great deal just say NO. Do not waste money on it because you will have to replace it. Go for a more durable back pack.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 128091259180130/k2311a098/9.8.10