The AeroChamber Plus Flow-Vu: Asthmatic holding chamber  » Medicine  »
  • I was very impressed when my doctor prescribed The AeroChamber Plus Flow-Vu holding chamber
  • That is why I love The AeroChamber Plus Flow-Vu
  • I think it is so much easier to give breathing treatments when using this kind of mask
  • I found it easy to understand and to teach my son how to use

• by makeithappen

As the parent of an asthmatic child I feel the stress an strain of care taking for someone with an illness. I find myself in a constant state of worry that causes my own health to suffer. I want to know that the medications that my son takes for his asthma are the very best and will help him live a normal life. I have always been told by adults with asthma that spacers are a very important part of an asthmatics routine. Still, to me spacers have never really made much a difference, if anything it made me feel as if my son was not getting as much in his lungs as he could be. I was very impressed when my doctor prescribed The AeroChamber Plus Flow-Vu holding chamber. This is a wonderful tool that makes caring for an asthmatic much more manageable. For me that also releases at least some of

the stress.

Treating asthma is not easy when you are trying to treat a young child. And even though my son is older now he is autistic and that makes it difficult to treat him as well. That is why I love The AeroChamber Plus Flow-Vu! The makers of this device made this with parents of small and/or disabled children in mind. If you have a child with asthma then this device needs to be included in your line of defense. What I really like about this holding chamber is that it is made to be compatible with masks. The masks come in small, medium, large and extra large. I think it is so much easier to give breathing treatments when using this kind of mask. I like that they have all kinds of sizes. Some companies will make small masks for kids but what happens to people like me who have ...

• to give treatments to an older autistic child?

Something else that makes The AeroChamber Plus Flow-Vu great is that it uses an airflow technology. Now I cant get in to the technicality of how it works but I can give you the gist. The inhailer shoots the mist in to the holding chamber and then holding chamber seals tight so that the mist stays in the holding chamber. There is a little flap at the top that will only open an let out medicine while the users mouth is around the mouth piece making a seal. It makes it easy on the inhale and the exhale. Thanks to the design there is very little medicine lost to the air and you know more of the medicine is getting in to the lungs. I especially love this technology because it can be difficult for my autistic and asthmatic son to time his breathing correctly or

to keep his attention span long enough.

Being a caregiver to a child with asthma is not easy but there are ways to make it easier and I really think that The AeroChamber Plus Flow-Vu can help improve the life of any asthmatic. The device comes ready to go and there are instructions included in them. There are not a great deal of words but there are some great pictures to accompany the words there are. I found it easy to understand and to teach my son how to use. This is of course only available with a prescription so it gives me piece of mind to ask the pharmacist a lot of chambers. Now that my son uses The AeroChamber Plus Flow-Vu to treat his asthma I will never use the old style holding chambers again. I am so happy that a company has used new technology to improve the care of asthmatics.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 268091259170130/k2311a098/9.8.10