Love the way you lie by Eminem  » Music  »
  • I learned about the meaning of the song when it is playing while I am at work
  • I love the rap part, whenever the chorus, which is part of Rihanna, is through
  • Maybe Eminem is the person and he is trying to explain and apologize to her girl, which I think played by Rihanna
  • I like his voice, it is very masculine and I love how he say those lyrics, how he slang the words
  • Maybe I am weird on how I describe the song but I really love it and I hope Eminem will do other collaboration with other female artist

• by Grecy

The first time I heard this song was when Julie Ann and Elmo Magalona, singers from Party Pilipinas (Sunday afternoon variety program in the Philippines) performed it. I admit because the two of them are my favorite young artist these days, I become liking the song after the performance. Honestly, they made me introduce this song as they performed it well and it was unforgettable performance to me.

I did remember the song. Whenever I am hearing it on the radio station like 94.7, I really stop what I am doing and listen to the song for the mean time. It is airing in the local radio station from now on and even tops the

countdown. I learned about the meaning of the song when it is playing while I am at work. The chorus of the song is the intro; I thought it is another love song coming from Rihanna. However, when the rap part of Eminem begins, it became a different story. I love the rap part, whenever the chorus, which is part of Rihanna, is through; my ear is ready for another word that will come out from Eminem. The rap part makes the song strong. The collaboration is just perfect that is why it tops the chart.

The song is about a couple that had an argument. Maybe Eminem is the person and ...

• he is trying to explain and apologize to her girl, which I think played by Rihanna. Rihanna is singing the chorus part with piano, which you thought that the song is smooth and soft, but then became strong as Eminem sings his part. The chorus is the first part of the song that I memorized first. Now since I already downloaded the song, I memorize few of the rap part and sometimes I find myself rapping with Eminem whenever this song is playing. It made me develop an admiration with Eminem. I like his voice, it is very masculine and I love how he say those lyrics, how he slang the words. I love
        how he explains everything on the song by rapping it.

Listening to that kind of song makes my day. Although the meaning of the song is with violence and full of anger, this is one of my favorite. It is a challenge to sing the rap part but I do it even though I am a girl. When I got the chance to hear it in the morning going to work, it brightens me inside. It makes me awake and makes me imagine I am singing the part of Rihanna. Maybe I am weird on how I describe the song but I really love it and I hope Eminem will do other collaboration with other female artist.

Judy Derby says :

re : I learned about the meaning of the song when it is playing while I am at work
    Actually, I learned about this song from my teenage daughter. I like the first part of the song, but when Eminem starts to rap, I lose interest. I know a lot of people think he’s a great rapper, and he might be-I’m not a music critic. I just know what I like and what I don’t. He sounds too angry most of the time, and I think that makes me feel uncomfortable. I like music I can sing along to, and I’m generally a very optimistic person. Lighten up, Eminem. You might gain a whole new audience.

Judy Derby says :

re : I love the rap part, whenever the chorus, which is part of Rihanna, is through
    And I like the part where Rihanna sings, and don’t care very much for the rapping. It makes me feel sorry for Eminem, because he sounds like he’s never happy. I spend so much time as a social worker helping people find solutions, that listening to people who seem forever angry, sad, or unhappy makes me want to fix it. Of course, that’s not possible. That could be part of his charm for teenagers. They also seem to spend a disproportionate amount of time being unhappy and complaining.

Moses says :

Hey Judy, I really admire what you do and salute you do. I think you are right when you say that people seem to spend a disproportionate amount of time being unhappy and complaining because if we stopped complaining and endeavored to do something about whatever it is we are complaining about may be this world could be a better place. We could also choose to focus on the things that make us happy and be thankful for for the least of things like the air we breathe, life, family and friends then maybe we could be a little happier. If everyone in the world was happier by 10% (if happiness could be quantified?) wouldn’t the world be a better place?

Judy says :

But that means that songwriters would have to write happy songs instead. And since a huge portion of people who buy and listen to songs are teenagers who are in the middle of puberty with its angst, sadness, depression and trying to figure out who they are as individuals and what they want to do with their lives and how to please parents, teachers and their friends, this might not be so popular. But wouldn’t it be nice if the teenage years didn’t have to be so filled with peril and problems? Where do we start? Because I absolutely agree that if everyone in the world was happier even by 10%, imagine the world we could be living in? Leaders getting along, plenty of satisfying work for everyone, more contentment in everyday life. It would be a win/win

Moses says :

I’ll start by talking about Eminem and the song “Love the way you lie”. This song tackles the emotional duality of relationships which I think everyone faces. Because it is entertainment and they want it relatable to a wider audience so that more people could buy the music, they have to take it to an extreme that elevates the relationship aspect to dysfunctional. But in recent music Eminem’s music is less negative the guy even wrote a song to his mom that was quite emotional. Now relating my point to the teenagers in your point If one person is happier then they can share their “secret” to others and maybe they could end up helping others who will help others and so on and so forth. If a musician like could help his fans not just by relating to their pain but going the extra mile of actually providing solutions then maybe and the fans pass on the message then we could achieve what I talked about. In saying this I know people are different and so are their problems but I also believe there is always someone who is going through what someone else is going through and just maybe that person could help. thank God for the internet, the world can now communicate with each other in real time. So this is something that is achievable with a little effort.

Judy Derby says :

I agree with so much of what you are saying. It seems like it should be such an easy thing to do: share what we know with others, they learn from our mistakes, we learn from theirs, and people as a whole live much better, more fulfilling lives. In reality, most of us will choose to learn our own mistakes and ignore others who give us advice to do the opposite. Why? Perhaps it’s because we think that we are unique that others can’t do it as well as we can, or that we won’t suffer the same consequences as others have. For instance, I have pleaded many many times for my daughter to not text as she drives. Yet, she continues to do so. Does she think those commercials about texting and driving do not apply to her for some reason? She is young. She reasons that she can multitask better than most: keep an eye on the traffic and not get too distracted from her music or that funny text from her friend. I worry about her every time she’s on the road. I worry that like thousands of others, she will discover bad consequences from poor choices.
    As for Eminem: I wish he could find that peace with his mother. It will affect every single relationship in his life. He got a rocky start. He can overcome it, but it will be so hard.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 148091259120130/k2311a098/9.8.10