Fiesta Theatre  » Theatre  »
2.5
23 West Main Street, Cortez, Colorado 81321
  • As the man who told us about my foot walked by we noticed that he also had a napkin stuck on his shoe
  • Finally I decided to give them another chance
  • The Fiesta Theatre is not the best around, the quality of the theatre is not top notch but at least it is now clean

• by Kim Miller

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

In the small town of Cortez, Colorado there is only one theatre. It is a very small theatre with two screens called the Fiesta Theatre. I have been to the Fiesta several times to see movies in the past. I only go there however it there is a movie that I just can’t wait to see. Otherwise I do travel to other towns nearby to watch movies.

The Fiesta use to be one theatre years ago and was converted to a two-theatre building. It is very small. The seats are extremely old and uncomfortable and it is not leveled so that you can see over the people in front of you. It is extremely outdated. The floors are concrete and the paint is coming off.

Some

of the seats in the theatre are falling apart.

The screen in the Fiesta is showing signs of wear as well. The sound system is not very good either. Sometimes the sound is very scratchy. I’ve not been since they went digital so it might be better now.

The Fiesta theatre use to be extremely filthy. There would be food on the floor and, as your feet would stick to the floor. One time when I was there with my mom and my sons, as we were leaving a man pointed to my shoe to show me that I had a paper towel stuck to it. I removed it and then looked at my mom and my son’s shoes and they all had napkins stuck to ...

• them. As the man who told us about my foot walked by we noticed that he also had a napkin stuck on his shoe. That is how sticky the floors were.

The concession area was also very filthy. I never bought food there because of how filthy it was.

After the time that we had the napkins stuck to our foots I did not return for a long time, about two years. Finally I decided to give them another chance. The seats and the screens are still very outdated. The seats are not much better. I do give them credit though, the floors are clean and look as good as they can with chipped paint and broken concrete. We no longer stick to the floor.

Another

complaint that I do have about the Fiesta Theatre though that still exists is that they do not give free cups of ice water. They don’t even offer them in the little Styrofoam cups. I’ve been to the AMC in Anaheim, California several times. It is located in Downtown Disney District. They give free cups of ice water. You’d think that a small theatre would do the same.

The Fiesta Theatre is not the best around, the quality of the theatre is not top notch but at least it is now clean. I will go there to watch a movie when I’m not in the mood to drive to another town to see one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 328091258940130/k2311a098/9.8.10