Trident by Cherry Mobile Cellphone  » Phones  »
  • As far as I know, this is the first in the Philippines to offer a triple sim slot but that's not what made me decide to trade my Corby for Trident
  • The screen only prompts Insert Sim but this problem has been fixed now

• by starlight

I traded my Samsung Corby for a home-grown phone called Trident by Cherry Mobile. I became frustrated with my Corby because of my Sun Cellular Provider. I have been visiting their office for quite some time and also been calling their online or phone customer service operator, albeit helpful, the didn’t offer the solution that I was looking for my Corby. All I ever wanted was to activate my GPRS and MMS setting but no matter how they tweaked it, my phone still can’t access internet and sent pictures.

I was obsessing with wifi ready phones but at the state that I’m in right now, I can’t afford to buy an iPhone or blackberry. I’m also afraid of buying a china phone or imitation because of it’s longevity of

use. I chanced upon The Trident of Cherry Mobile at our Sunday Newspaper. As far as I know, this is the first in the Philippines to offer a triple sim slot but that’s not what made me decide to trade my Corby for Trident. I read from the newspaper that it is a wi-fi ready phone and the price range is only 6,799. That was the clincher! I immediately advertised my Corby to a few of my friends who wanted to buy it and luckily one of them took the bait. I sold my Samsung Corby for P5,000. That way I only took 1,799 from my own pocket and off I go to the mall to buy my very own wi-fi ready phone.

The appearance of the Trident is ...

• much similar to a blackberry phone I saw there at the shop. I heard from the sales clerk that buyers where having problems with the first batch of this phone. Whenever they insert their sims unto the three slots, they can’t even access the message setting or even call. The screen only prompts “Insert Sim” but this problem has been fixed now. Cherry Mobile has installed a quick fix for this and with my luck, I inserted my globe, sun and talk and text sims on the three slots and they were all perfectly working well.

So far, I’m not also experiencing any “hanged screen” or freeze screen that majority of the early buyers have.

The 2megapixel camera delivers just the same quality as my Samsung Corby did.

I haven’t tested the analog TV option yet as I don’t know how to use it and I’m not interested with it but the wi-fi is really working well. I can connect to my router here at home easily. Bluetooth is also in good condition, I already swapped pictures with my hubby and it was fast.

Battery life is also okay. I followed their initial charging rule of fully draining it at first then charge it for 6 hours. Battery life so far is good for two straight days.

I still don’t know how to tweak it and change the themes but maybe after a few browsing here at the web, I’ll be able to do that also. Overall, for the price of 6,799 this phone is A-Okay.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 378091258711230/k2311a098/9.8.10