Lush Angels on Bare Skin cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I thought natural and organic ingredients would be a good change for me from using manufactured products all the time as they are freshly made and do not contain unnecessary filler chemicals that manufactured products might have
  • I bought mine that was already in a container and it was more than the 100g that they sell it for a little more than $10
  • I paid $16 for it, so it wasn’t exactly cheap, much more expensive than the drugstore cleansers but a little cheaper than higher end products such as Lancome and others
  • It is not heavy feeling and I like that it is not drying for an exfoliator
  • I will not purchase this again as it breaks me out and I wouldn’t recommend it to people with oily skin or people with combination skin like me

• by shanjucool

My usual daily cleanser was about to finish so I ventured into Lush to get a new one. Lush is known for their usage of natural and organic ingredients, so I wanted to treat my skin to something new this time as I usually always bought something that came bottled in a drugstore. I thought natural and organic ingredients would be a good change for me from using manufactured products all the time as they are freshly made and do not contain unnecessary filler chemicals that manufactured products might have. The sales associate recommended me to use this particular cleanser as she said this was one of their best sellers and is suitable for all skin types. I have combination skin, my t-zone being really oily and my cheeks being very dry, so I thought since might be the perfect product for me.

The product is usually

displayed as a roll in Lush stores. I guess when customers want it they chop away a part of the roll, package and sell it that way. I bought mine that was already in a container and it was more than the 100g that they sell it for a little more than $10. I paid $16 for it, so it wasn’t exactly cheap, much more expensive than the drugstore cleansers but a little cheaper than higher end products such as Lancome and others. Still, for $16, I expected it to work better than drugstore cleansers.

The texture of the product is grainy. It contains very tiny beads with some sort of whole seeds mixed into it. The product does not spread easily at all. I find mine is actually very dry, it came that way out of the container. When I try to rub it on my ...

• face it rolls up into balls and doesn’t spread on my face. I tried sprinkling some water on it and making it into a paste first before applying it to my face but it was still difficult to work with as the product just gathers up onto itself and refuses to make contact with my face, which is the whole point. So it definitely takes time to work it. It does not later at all. It’s more like an exfoliant than a cleanser because of the grainy texture.

It is also rather oily. I suspect that to be the rose and lavender oil at work. When I rub this all over my face and wash it off, it leaves an oily film. It is not heavy feeling and I like that it is not drying for an exfoliator. But since I have oily forehead, nose and chin,

I believe this sort of clogged my pores there and made me break out slightly. However, it does leave my face very smooth when I wash it off in the shower. I also don’t like the smell of this product. I don’t smell any rose or lavender, but something very funky. It is not very pleasant, but this may be just my personal opinion.

Overall, I will continue to use this product because I spend money on it and I don’t want to waste it, but I have to follow it up with an acne reducing toner, as I don’t appreciate the pimples it gives me due to the oil that it contains. I will not purchase this again as it breaks me out and I wouldn’t recommend it to people with oily skin or people with combination skin like me. If you liked this review, please vote.

Lush Angels on Bare Skin cleanser

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318091258571230/k2311a098/9.8.10