Sudafed PE  » Medicine  »
  • After having to drag myself out of bed yesterday and realizing I couldn’t call in sick to work (we had too many people on vacation because of the holiday), I decided to stop off at one of the stores to find something to take for it
  • Most of the brands I found that fit my symptoms also caused drowsiness
  • I ended up taking a couple Sudafed when I got to work in the morning (I believe the box says to take just one but they are so small I found it hard to believe one would do anything)
  • I wasn’t completely better, but I was definitely a lot more comfortable
  • I still wouldn’t recommend this product if you have a major cold or the flu because it just doesn’t seem strong enough to deal with those

• by Review Vigilante

I’m not sure what it is about this fall season, but I have been suffering from a really bad case of seasonal allergies since this past weekend. After having to drag myself out of bed yesterday and realizing I couldn’t call in sick to work (we had too many people on vacation because of the holiday), I decided to stop off at one of the stores to find something to take for it. Most of the brands I found that fit my symptoms also caused drowsiness; something I obviously could not have while at work.

So, after some indecision, I ended up buying a box of Sudafed PE. The reason why it took some thought before

buying this product is I have used it in the past, when sick with a cold, and had no luck with it.

The pills didn’t make me drowsy. But, they also did not help with my symptoms; at least not enough for me to feel more like myself.

When I purchased it yesterday, it was pretty much out of desperation and I honestly didn’t expect it to work. However, it turns out I was wrong.

I ended up taking a couple Sudafed when I got to work in the morning (I believe the box says to take just one but they are so small I found it hard to believe one would do anything). About 30 ...

• minutes after I took them, I started to feel a difference.

I was still blowing my nose and my eyes were a bit watery. But, I wasn’t sneezing constantly and my nose was stuffed to the point I couldn’t breathe.

About another half hour later, I felt well enough to do my day’s work. I wasn’t completely better, but I was definitely a lot more comfortable.

The thing that surprised me about this product, however, was how long it lasted. The box said to take the pills every four hours as needed.

But, I only took it in the morning and (possibly because I took more than the box called for) it didn’t seem to wear

off until much later in the day; it was almost bedtime before my symptoms started to return. The most important part, however, was the fact the Sudafed PE did not make me drowsy.

I was alert all day at work and did not feel the same sleepiness I feel when I take other cold or allergy medicines. I’m sure my bosses appreciated this because it meant I didn’t have to call in sick and didn’t have any sort of lack of productivity.

I still wouldn’t recommend this product if you have a major cold or the flu because it just doesn’t seem strong enough to deal with those. But, for a minor cold or seasonal allergies, it is a product that does work wonders.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 268091257971130/k2311a098/9.8.10