Romeo X Juliet Omnibus Manga (Graphic Novel)
  • I enjoyed reading it, because I enjoyed the anime that it was based on
  • I would recommend this to fans of shojo manga or if you enjoyed the Romeo X Juliet anime

• by ReViewMeMedia

Romeo X Juliet is a popular anime series from Funimation Entertainment, but it is also a manga, or graphic novel written and illustrated by COM. In Neo Verona, Lord Montague kills the Capulet family, except for Lord Capulet’s only daughter Juliet. Fourteen years later, Juliet masquerades as the Red Whirlwind, a vigilante fighting for the people, and meets, Romeo, Lord Montague’s only son. Then their forbidden love starts to bloom.

Fans of William Shakespeare’s play might be a little iffy

on this manga, while it is very good; it’s not at all a masterpiece. I enjoyed reading it, because I enjoyed the anime that it was based on. Since the anime came first, I wanted to compare the two.

I enjoyed this manga, but like I said, it’s not perfect. Many scenes that were in the anime have been omitted, condensed, or occur in a different place than in the manga. I don’t really like that there is ...

• no Shakespearean dialogue at all, I loved what they did for Romeo X Juliet in the anime, and I was hoping they’d do it in here. They didn’t, it’s a fun read if you’ve never seen the series, and if you like the series, you’ll probably like the manga.

The artwork is good, but everyone looks more cartoonish and COM tends to use the chibi form a little too much, but the manga still captures the romance of the anime.

It’s a good read, but not necessarily a must-buy, unlike the anime, which is worth purchasing. I would recommend this to fans of shojo manga or if you enjoyed the Romeo X Juliet anime. If you want to read it, you should probably rent it from a website that rents manga. It’s very good, but might not warrant a place on a manga fan’s shelf.

You can buy Romeo X Juliet on Amazon.com, RightStuf.com or at your local bookstore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 178091257961130/k2311a098/9.8.10