TGI Friday’s Beer Battered Onion Rings  » Food  »
1.5
  • First of all, I like beer battered products
  • We spent quite a bit on this brand of onion rings so I was very disappointed when we simply could not eat them and ended up throwing most of them away
  • It will definitely be the last time I purchase this product and I would not recommend it

• by Review Vigilante

We had a movie night the other night and, since we always want some sort of snack to go with our films, we ended up making a box of TGI Friday’s Beer Battered Onion Rings that were in our freezer. I have to tell you, as far as snack foods go, this was one of the worst ones we have ever tried; which is kind of disappointing considering it also wasn’t

the cheapest snack food item we have purchased (it was about $1.

50 more than another brand of onion ring that we actually do like).

First of all, I like beer battered products.

But, in this case, it seemed like the onion rings were battered first then soaked in beer.

There are two reasons why I say this.

The first of which is the fact they were very soggy; to the point ...

• they were actually dripping a bit and were falling apart.

And, this is after we accidentally cooked them too long; something I would have thought would have caused the onion rings to be a bit more crisp than usual.

The onion rings also had a very strong beer-like taste to them.

Again, I like beer battered things.

But, in most cases, the beer just adds to the flavor; it isn’t the

only thing you taste.

In this case, I was getting the same taste I would get if I were actually drinking a beer.

And, I don’t even like beer.

We spent quite a bit on this brand of onion rings so I was very disappointed when we simply could not eat them and ended up throwing most of them away.

It will definitely be the last time I purchase this product and I would not recommend it.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 278091257891130/k2311a098/9.8.10